A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

Roof storage compartment won't raise fully when hood open

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof storage compartment won't raise fully when hood open

Hi All

This is my first post, so thanks in advance for any help you can provide a newbie.

We have only had the car a few weeks so we are not sure if it was an existing problem.

We lowered the roof on an incline and with the engine not running. We have now learned our lesson and don't do that.

Since we did that we have had 2 problems closing the hood. It lowers no problem at all but when trying to raise it again, the cover on the storage compartment unlocks and raises about 10mm and then stops. This is problem number one.

We eventually got it to closed.

Problem 2. I tried to reset the system as discussed on the forum. Releasing the the hood from the windscreen was no problem but when I insert the key into the lock to release the storage compartment cover, I hear it unlock but I can lift it manually, no mater how much force I use. This is also the case when the hood is in the open position, when I use the key you cant open the cover, it won't pop up.

The only way to close the hood manually is to use the power switch to release the hood cover and it raises 10mm and I open it up fully, but then I can't raise the hood by hand, it seems to resist. Luckily when I use the power switch again it normally activates the hood and it closes.

Apologies for the overload of information. I hope I have been clear enough for someone to give me a steer on how to solve even the manual release for the storage lid to start with.

Thanks
Rob
Old 06-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rob, did you ever fix this? I can't believe NO ONE responded!