Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

*UPDATE For LEDs*

Old 01-04-2015, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DVE
Under the outer light is a gap. Therefore this insets are made (one for left and one for right):

Coding is not necessary (european version) but 2 module (left & right) are needed to trigger the dynamic turn impulse. A additional wire from outside light to inside light is also necessary. Because the reversing light is now in the inner light.

Who made those inserts?
Old 01-25-2015, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look great!
I agree w/ the OP that the iJDMTOY lights look better, although I would go for the deAutokey ones because of the fitting problem (rubber seal).
Is there a link for DIY install guide?

I used to be a pretty enthusiastic member here when i had my b7 a4 (hence my username), but now I'm just starting to get back into this!
Help me out guys!

and now, those new LED taillights are something else....

Originally Posted by audia612
Hey guys new update here

12/10/14

I have found another front turn signal bulbs that will actually fit perfectly with the rubber seal on it.

Here I have the iJDMTOY vs. deAutoKey. Links are in the description in video.

2012 Audi A6 C7 Premium Plus 3.0T LED turn signals. deAutoKey vs iJDMTOY - YouTube
Old 01-26-2015, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by B7er
Those look great! I agree w/ the OP that the iJDMTOY lights look better, although I would go for the deAutokey ones because of the fitting problem (rubber seal). Is there a link for DIY install guide? I used to be a pretty enthusiastic member here when i had my b7 a4 (hence my username), but now I'm just starting to get back into this! Help me out guys! and now, those new LED taillights are something else....
I don't think there's a guide on installing the turn signals. It's basically just opening the hood and removing the plastic cover in the front area to access the bulbs and then remove the bulbs and replace.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I don't think there's a guide on installing the turn signals. It's basically just opening the hood and removing the plastic cover in the front area to access the bulbs and then remove the bulbs and replace.
Is that right?? I will pop the hood later and take a look.
I remember in my B7 A4, I had to remove the plastic airway on the driver's side to access the bulb housing.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by B7er
Is that right?? I will pop the hood later and take a look. I remember in my B7 A4, I had to remove the plastic airway on the driver's side to access the bulb housing.
Well I mean you have to go behind the headlight to remove the rubber piece to access the bulbs.

Remove the plastic cover in picture outlined in red. Then you can get access to the headlight from behind

Name:  image-2782761086.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  493.0 KB

Last edited by audia612; 01-28-2015 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well I mean you have to go behind the headlight to remove the rubber piece to access the bulbs.

Remove the plastic cover in picture outlined in red. Then you can get access to the headlight from behind

Attachment 44694
What kind of intake do you have audia612? that's a monster filter.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Seattlite_A6C7
What kind of intake do you have audia612? that's a monster filter.
It's USP Motorsports intake.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's USP Motorsports intake.
Cool thx - just looked it up and it's considerably more than the Injen intake...what made you go with USP? Have you read/heard things about it that put it above the Injen one? I'm thinking I'll be getting a new intake shortly, so curious how you made your decision.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Seattlite_A6C7
Cool thx - just looked it up and it's considerably more than the Injen intake...what made you go with USP? Have you read/heard things about it that put it above the Injen one? I'm thinking I'll be getting a new intake shortly, so curious how you made your decision.
Np. Yeah I have to agree it's over priced but when I was getting APR Stage I & II done at the shop along with front new tires and 75K maintenance I told them to go ahead and order intake also and they told me USP is the only ones that make intakes for our cars.

Some on here said that the injen will fit but you have to do little mod.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Np. Yeah I have to agree it's over priced but when I was getting APR Stage I & II done at the shop along with front new tires and 75K maintenance I told them to go ahead and order intake also and they told me USP is the only ones that make intakes for our cars. Some on here said that the injen will fit but you have to do little mod.
You don't have to do any mod
Sometimes the "arm" that secures the intake to the bolt at the firewall doesn't reach so you just bend it by hand and it fits perfectly
Of course mine is an A7 but I have read some threads that the A6 can use the A7 injen
Maybe some A6 owners thought it didn't fit because the arm didn't reach the firewall, but several people have had the same problem, it looks hard to bend but it is not.

Last edited by feralc; 01-28-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *UPDATE For LEDs*