Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

100K+ club - Who's already there and how are they holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by R3Wood
Its a shame, I do enjoy the way the car drives. But, the headlight issue adaptive light defective and oil consumption are my biggest complaints. No oil leaks and I still put 6 - 7 quarts of oil in over 6,000 miles. It's a joke. Nothing slows the consumption down. This started around 80,000 miles and I now have 117,000. My wife's Lexus RX330 has 120,000 miles and it never needs oil between changes at 7,000 miles on synthetic. My 2003 Jaguar XKR 83,000 miles, also never requires oil added. This is my first and last Audi. I feel obligated to drive my A6 into the ground or at least until I'm adding a quart every 100 miles. It feels like I'm driving a high school car around making sure I always have oil in the trunk.
Are you sure you are on the right model forum?
This is C7 forum. Picture of A6 on your signature is C6.
Adaptive head light problem is for C6 also.
I know there are couple of oil leak issues on C6: o-rings on cam position sensors (very cheap to fix) and the timing chain cover. You may want to spend some money on maintenance.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by audi bug
Are you sure you are on the right model forum?
This is C7 forum. Picture of A6 on your signature is C6.
Adaptive head light problem is for C6 also.
I know there are couple of oil leak issues on C6: o-rings on cam position sensors (very cheap to fix) and the timing chain cover. You may want to spend some money on maintenance.
I did it from my phone on search. Probably sent me to the wrong forum. The car is well maintained. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by R3Wood
I did it from my phone on search. Probably sent me to the wrong forum. The car is well maintained. Thanks.
Don't want to continue C6 issue but want to suggest one item.
Do you see blue/grey smoke coming out of exhaust during idle?
You may want to check PCV valve (or called PRV: pressure regulating valve, 06E103245E) if there is no external oil leak. If that is ok, then piston rings or valve related parts are probably bad.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Calimus
I'm curious as well what the valves look like, but I'm not planning on pulling the SC to have a look unless I start to see issues. For now I'd say things are running fine. I get better than average fuel mileage I think. Over all average for the car is 27.4mpg. Thats not from the MMI, that's my figured from logging my fill ups and mileage. I figure that's pretty decent considering the times I spent in traffic or get right foot happy.

I'm hoping I don't have to deal with carbon build-up, but I know at some point I will. I think the sheer amount of time the car spends at speed on the highway is what has helped stave the buildup off so far.
How does the old butt dyno feel? Do you think the car is slower or has flat spots in it's power since it's younger days? (< 50k-75k)
Old 01-20-2017, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

with 153k, I'm sure she's lost a little bit here and there. However, nothing that causes me to lift an eyebrow or worry. When I toss her into sport mode, she moves just fine. An as I found out the other day, she still gets into the triple digits with ease.

With the slightly warmer weather we've been having here in Ga, I'm happy to see my fuel mileage perk back up. My last fill up averaged to 27.8mpg, considering that tank contained my romp over the century mark, I can't complain.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Calimus
with 153k, I'm sure she's lost a little bit here and there. However, nothing that causes me to lift an eyebrow or worry. When I toss her into sport mode, she moves just fine. An as I found out the other day, she still gets into the triple digits with ease.

With the slightly warmer weather we've been having here in Ga, I'm happy to see my fuel mileage perk back up. My last fill up averaged to 27.8mpg, considering that tank contained my romp over the century mark, I can't complain.
Well that is good news. Do you open her up, full throttle, a lot or would you consider yourself a tame driver?
Old 01-20-2017, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm a bit more aggressive than tame. On my commute, I run between 75-90mph on average. I have no hesitation to step in the throttle when needed. However, I do try to keep her under the triple digit barrier as much as possible. For pure stupidity, I have my motorcycles.

However, on occasion, I will toss her into manual mode and run her to redline in most of the gears. Keeps the engine and trans going through it's paces.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just shy of 100K and also 2 months outside of CPO warranty period and got a coolant leak warning. Long story short took it to my local Audi dealership and was told definitely a leak and when pressure tested could not locate so they would have to pull off SC. Not happy with the quoted price to just pull off the SC and continue troubleshooting i took to 2 other shops in the area that work on European cars.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by southeastsmiley
Just shy of 100K and also 2 months outside of CPO warranty period and got a coolant leak warning. Long story short took it to my local Audi dealership and was told definitely a leak and when pressure tested could not locate so they would have to pull off SC. Not happy with the quoted price to just pull off the SC and continue troubleshooting i took to 2 other shops in the area that work on European cars.
Sorry to hear that they can't locate the source of the leak.

If you have anyone remove the supercharger, please get some pictures of the intakes under the supercharger and post them in this thread. You may also want to have the carbon removed if it's clogging the air flow. Thanks.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...gines-2909914/
Old 01-25-2017, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by southeastsmiley
If you don't mind me asking what were your quoted prices?

Quick Reply: 100K+ club - Who's already there and how are they holding up?