Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

20 inch Rims and 2 Flats

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C21bill
Also, being as Audi's do not have much of a dealer holdback, how close to invoice might one expect to purchase one of these? Thanks in advance for any feedback that can be provided. Bill
When I was shopping dealers I was told by one that they work with 6%. The deal I settled on eventually was slightly better than 6% off. I was buying 14 model year when they were trying to blow out the remaining 13's so I don't know how good of a deal that was.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Unless the MY2015's will be different (it hasn't changed since at least 2008), dealer invoice has actually been 7% below MSRP on the base price and options (except freight). While there are no percentage holdbacks, Audi has periodic dealer incentives for achieving various performance goals, they are not applied to individual cars but are issued as a general credit to the dealer.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Greetings, new member here and still trying to learn how to use this forum. I'm considering pulling the trigger on a 2015 A6 TDI. I like the looks of the Black Optics Package however I am concerned about the ride quality as that package forces you into 20" wheels and Sport Tuned Suspension. Has anyone been able to drive both the described version and the standard suspension with 18" wheels for coparison? Also, being as Audi's do not have much of a dealer holdback, how close to invoice might one expect to purchase one of these?
Thanks in advance for any feedback that can be provided.
Bill
Having spent a bit of time on this forum now, I see why no one responded to my question on the 20" Sport suspension Vs 18" non-sport. Seems the topic has been well fleshed out here with no definitive answer. Kind of seems like a lot of folks go with the sport suspension and 19" wheels and most seem to be happy with this choice. Doesn't get me the black optics package but a decent ride is more important to me than the black.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Banned

Having spent a bit of time on this forum now, I see why no one responded to my question on the 20" Sport suspension Vs 18" non-sport. Seems the topic has been well fleshed out here with no definitive answer. Kind of seems like a lot of folks go with the sport suspension and 19" wheels and most seem to be happy with this choice. Doesn't get me the black optics package but a decent ride is more important to me than the black.
I've driven both the 18's and the 20's (19's too). The problem is, its not just the wheels that are different. The suspensions are different too. The 18s come with the standard suspension, the 20's are only available with the Sport suspension. The ride is a fair amount stiffer. It was enough for me not to get it for driving on the crummy roads around here.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I've driven both the 18's and the 20's (19's too). The problem is, its not just the wheels that are different. The suspensions are different too. The 18s come with the standard suspension, the 20's are only available with the Sport suspension. The ride is a fair amount stiffer. It was enough for me not to get it for driving on the crummy roads around here.
thanks Mike
Old 03-23-2014, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Doesn't get me the black optics package but a decent ride is more important to me than the black.
You could get the black optic edition and replace the 20" wheels or get the 18" wheels and add the black optic pieces.

Personally I would get the sport set up with the lowered ride height and three spoke steering wheel. I like a firmer suspension. Everyone has different circumstances.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the sport suspension with 20" and used 18" in the Winter. The sport suspension isn't that bad if you use the tire pressure listed in the manual instead of the 41 psi listed on the door (for a FULLY loaded vehicle). The 18" rides very nicely in the winter even with our roads in Western PA.