Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2014 Audi A6, whistling noise.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Audi A6, whistling noise.

hi All,

Bought certified pre-owned audi in May 2015 this year. Great car and drives well. However since winter is coming closer and we had few colder days earlier this month, i observed my car makes whistling noise when i push the break. 2nd observation ever since i bought this audi is, it makes cranking noise when i push the breaks slowly on a downhill.

I'm giving it to audi servicing soon. My questions are:

1. if anyone knows what these problems are?
2. should it be covered under warranty? and if yes how much should i expect to pay.
3. Any precaution if anyone wants to give , this is just to make sure audi servicing doesnt rip me off with unnecessary charges

thank you.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL - I see your second post one this topic. Is the issue below regarding a whistling sound the same type issue?

Since it's CPO, I would bring my car in to have it checked out. Often they have to reproduce the issue. Since that process could be hit or miss, I've decided that most warranty issues that I want resolved, I'm going to take a video of it as evidence.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I had the same noise with my previous 2012 A6. Apparently cleaning service I used that steam cleaned my car daily used a tire and wheel shiner that caused this. Once I told them to change to a different product, the noise went away.
Are you spraying anything on your wheels or tires?
Old 10-27-2015, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Steam cleaned the car??
Old 10-27-2015, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Steam cleaned the car??
Yes. There is a service that someone comes to my place and cleans the car every day. They have a special steamers that use very little water. It is not allowed to wash your own car in Seoul do to the waste in water. Additionally since the cars are parked below ground level, sometimes 10 floors depending on the condo complex you live in the water disposal system isn't very good. Most of these residential complexes use a special septic system for all waste. It is not allowed to be drained into the river or other bodies of water.

My neighbors mostly have luxury vehicles as well and when they clean my car, they also clean others. Takes them about 15-20 minutes per car.bthe service I use has about 300 customers they service every day. The service is super competitive so they offer good ways to clean the car without scratching or leaving swirl marks. My condo complex is the largest in Seoul, about 7700 units in one plan. All the buildings are between 24 and 36 floors tall. There are hundreds of these plans in and around Seoul usually 3000-5000 units in each plan. The new plans are getting bigger and taller. One being built that have units up to 60 floors high.

I used to live on building 213 on the 36th floor. The plan has about 40% green space and take about an hour to walk around the entire complex. Schools, restaurants, banks, grocery stores were all in the complex. It is like a small gated city in it self.

My family feel like we are in the country side in most cities around the world.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I had the good fortune to visit Korea twice on business trips. On one trip as a guest of LG, they took us down the peninsula to see a good part of the country. With Samsung we visited the factory and HQ in Suwon and had an opportunity to visit the Ho Am Museum. Very impressive facility. I spent a week in Seoul and had a chance to see many of the sights including the Gyeongbokgung Palace grounds.

Inyoury, Don't you live in the U.S. now?

As for steam cleaning a car, I haven't seen it in the U.S. but I'd guess someone, somewhere offers it.

The meeting house at Gyeongbokgung Palace.

Ho Am Museum - spectacular ancient historical art treasures of Korea

Taken from a restaurant high over Seoul

The Green House, home of the President of Korea. Very high security here - I was told to put my camera away by some heavily armed plainclothes security guys after taking this photo. Whoops.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's great you were able to visit Korea. I lived in Gangnam area of Seoul for a while and moved to Jamsil (eastern part of Seoul next to Olympic Park) after marriage. They built the tallest building in the world last year there.

Samsung electronic's HQ is in Gangnam now, has been there for about 8 years. The Suwon campus is very large and it is like a big city in it self.

The restaurant on top of the building has a unique bathroom, I hope you were able to see it?

Yes I live in the US now. I love it here, but my family seems to miss Seoul very much. They will go back to visit for the whole summer next year. I will most likely go for a week at most.

Maybe a steam car cleaning business can be a good one in the US to start. It is like a true touch less washing service. I'm sure many car enthusiast will be happy with that???
Old 10-27-2015, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I honestly don't remember the bathroom in that restaurant - it was many tears ago, I had been drinking a bit so I'm sure I would have used it. Quite a view though from up there. Do you know the name of the restairant?

My Samsng visit was in 2000 and I remember the Suwann complex and surrounding employee hi rise housing was huge. One of the cool things about that visit was they drove us around in the Samsung Chairman's luxury bus. It was all decked out with a bar, deluxe captain chairs, tables, a waiter and a full A/V entertainment package thateven back then would make an A6 with B&O seem like an AM radio.

I googled steam car cleaning and it looks like we are too late to be first; even Jay Leno is in on the act (as are many others):

And there's this:

Mobile Car Wash with the Optima Steamer?

Here's an interesting article explaining why it's not widespread:

Why Steam Cleaning Methods Are Not Much Used In Car Wash Industry DetailXPerts Blog

P.S. A note to the OP: Sorry to have hijacked your thread. Thread drift is not uncommon around here.

Last edited by snagitseven; 10-27-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The restaurant's name is Top Cloud Restaurant. The bathroom is the unique thing there now. The toilet and urinals are placed where it seems you are doing the deed in front of the window where everyone outside can see you. But they can't, you can see out and they can't see in.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Now that I don't remember. Must have been installed after I was there.