Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2015 A6 TDI prestige vs waiting for 2016

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 A6 TDI prestige vs waiting for 2016

Any thoughts on pulling the trigger now vs waiting for the model change? Any information on the new engine?
At this point I would have to order the car and I would receive it in December vs waitin until August for 2016 update.

Also another any word on q7 update?
Old 10-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dselva
Any thoughts on pulling the trigger now vs waiting for the model change? Any information on the new engine?
At this point I would have to order the car and I would receive it in December vs waitin until August for 2016 update.

Also another any word on q7 update?

I was pondering the very same question. Was getting close to pulling the trigger on ordering a 2015 TDI Prestige but I could wait for a 16. Just haven't seen much on what changes may be in store for the 16.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

2016 Audi A6 And S6: Full Details, Live Photos And Video
Old 10-05-2014, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really like the new wheel design.

Not liking the LED Headlamp design; think the current one is more aggressive and looks better.

My vote, get the '15 and be happy.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NoahWeb
Really like the new wheel design.

Not liking the LED Headlamp design; think the current one is more aggressive and looks better.

My vote, get the '15 and be happy.
This. I am glad I got my car now as I don't like the new headlights at all. Looks very plain now. I do like the wheels as well.

I don't think you can go wrong with either car but which one will you like better. That is the question.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I agree with everyone that the new lighting is really underwhelming; however what about the larger display and updated MMI processor? Any thoughts on those updates? Also concerns that the changes are significant enough to affect future resale. Finally, I thought I read that the engines were going to be different. Any word on mpg numbers if there are changes to the engine? thanks!

Originally Posted by DSL_PWR
This. I am glad I got my car now as I don't like the new headlights at all. Looks very plain now. I do like the wheels as well.

I don't think you can go wrong with either car but which one will you like better. That is the question.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

I agree with everyone that the new lighting is really underwhelming; however what about the larger display and updated MMI processor? Any thoughts on those updates? Also concerns that the changes are significant enough to affect future resale. Finally, I thought I read that the engines were going to be different. Any word on mpg numbers if there are changes to the engine? thanks!
Given the history of the A3 TDI's, I suspect that there will be a strong re-sale market for the A6/A7 TDI's.

Yes, a larger display is nice. A better processor...who goes used car shopping based on a processor??

Is it a huge change? No, not in my view. It's basic evolution of a C7 A6 model from Audi. We can even speculate what the C8 A6 will be like, does that mean we should wait? It'll offer a flex-capacitor and a new widget!! It's a long rabbit hole!

When you are ready to buy...buy.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

The display is not changing size. There have always been two options, a smaller one which comes with the SD Card (aka RMC) navigation system and the larger display screen which comes with the hard disk based (aka 3G+) navigation system. It would be very hard to make the MMI display any larger without making the whole screen assembly bigger and Audi has not done that (would cost too much for retooling etc). The change with the facelift is to give the MMI a new processor and potentially (as no one seems to have seen it yet in person) based on the photos that were published with the A7 facelift in Europe but are not repeated in the brochure, the ability to display the full map image in the DIS area between the dials.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

The 2016 models will have LTE instead of 3G. The 3G is very slow and not useful for anything other than texting or email on a connected device. It is also slow to draw googlemaps in the nav system. It is so bad that I use another iPhone with LTE tethering to connect devices in the car.

Wait for 2016.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

If you are going to wait 'till August 2016 then you might as well get a 2017. Do you see where this is going?

Quick Reply: 2015 A6 TDI prestige vs waiting for 2016