Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 A6 2.0T?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 08:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I like the bright grill bar!
+1
Old 04-25-2015, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ-A6
Although Yes, one pays more up front for the 3.0 vs the 2.0, I wonder what the depreciation and resale value differences will be in a few years down the road (especially with the marginal difference in mpg)? I was averaging 30 mpg yesterday on a short highway drive in my 3.0.
Nice pix AZ-A6, Im up in Sedona and my ordered '16 A6 3.0T Prestige- Sports pack with 20" and Driver assist is at due leaves Germany May 4 for the voyage to San Diego for early June delivery at North Scottsdale Audi. Reading these early reports is getting the fire going .

Has the LED accent lighting inside with the Prestige model changed at all in location .. color etc, if you were familiar with past years LED accent lights?

What tires did came with yours?

Enjoy the fun!
Hulamau
Old 04-25-2015, 11:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hulamau
Has the LED accent lighting inside with the Prestige model changed at all in location .. color etc, if you were familiar with past years LED accent lights?
What tires did came with yours?
Don't know about the accent lights as this is my first Audi; previous cars werd BMWs or Acuras.
My car came with 20", but the dealer swapped them for me with 19" all season P7s.
So far I'm very pleased with the A6 and I'm still getting 30 or more mpg
Old 04-25-2015, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just sent you a private message - regarding the very best prices from a dealer I bought my last 2 new Audis from. Never visited the dealership on either car. Email, phone, and they delivered. You might be able to get a better price on the 2.0T or close the gap on a 3.0T. I have a 3.0T Q5. No regrets, never any question about the atleticism of that engine.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mlingama
Pacapa, have you had a chance to test drive both of the 2016s? When I drove used 2014, models I saw big difference between 2.0 and 3.0. Wondering how big of a difference the new 2.0 engine makes.
Hi,
I have not driven any of the 2016 models yet. I decided to wait a few months because of my negative equity. But it seems that the 2016 2.0 is considerably more responsive according to the majority of the comments. I am still leaning towards the 3.0 but will definitely test drive both of them.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by booreux
i test drove both 2.0 and 3.0 this past Thursday and yes I agree that the 3.0 is faster and sounds better but I ended up going with the 2.0 Premium Plus Quattro with Cold Weather, S Line Sport, LED, and BOSE. I was able to get a 12K miles/36 month lease for $555/month with $1,500 down vs. $700/month for the 3.0. It just wasn't worth $145/month more for me. The 2.0 with the newly tuned engine is very quick especially in the sport mode. It even comes with the auto start/stop function when you're stuck at a light or in traffic. Maybe the A6 2.0's always had that but I'm coming from a 2013 A4. Up here in Boston, current money factor they're using is 0.00110 and the 2.0T residual is 58% vs. 56% for the 3.0. Car is due in port on 4/27 and I'll probably get it a week after that.
Your price for your lease seems to be much much better than the one they offered me. I haven't paid yet since I haven't gotten the car. The sticker price for mine is $56,205. If I lease and pay upfront they want $27,670 which includes all the fees and 3 years prepaid maintaince. The car is 2.0T cold weather package, sports package, warm weather package and a few other bells and whistles.

Anyone can shine on this since I am fairly new to the car market in the U.S. Thanks
Old 04-26-2015, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
Inyoury -
Is this in the US, ie.e, a US spec model?
If so, having the 2.0 badge on the rear of an A6 is something new for Audi in the US. It tells everyone the car has a small engine, not sure i like that.
I like the bright grill bars. Good luck with the car!
Hi. Yes it is the U.S. Model. The Asian Model and the EU models also put the displacement on the back. I haven't received the car yet, nor paid for it. Will figure that out tomorrow since their was some miscommunication about the car itself. I think might be a good thing it happened since it now seems I was about to pay too much.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by newmoon
Ah, the grill bars for the 2016 are now in chrome. I think it's a bit too much, especially on a black car.
I would have thought the same if I hadn't seen the car in person. But it looks very nice. The grill looks much bigger and the little extra chrome is a nice touch. I wasn't a fan of the chrome around the bottom of the front bumper and the chrome on the bottom of the trunk edge.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Inyoury
.....I wasn't a fan of the chrome around the bottom of the front bumper and the chrome on the bottom of the trunk edge.
I think the horizontal Chrome accent looks great on the grill it is not too 'bling bling' at all in person and the black on black in particular would have been too much in my view.

You can order the car with the Black Optic option for an all black grill too (I suppose it is available on 2.0 but for sure on the 3.0 and S6). I also like the chrome accent strip at bottom of trunk lid. It's a small touch on a larger car that fits in nicely ... HOWEVER .... The one 'argh' I have is with the way oversized Licence plate Mounting bracket that Audi slaps on
the rear of all their cars now overlaps and presses on the top center of the chrome accent strip!!

I went to great lengths in writing to my dealer after ordering my '16 A6 3.O T Prestige,Sports 20", Drivers Assist, NV in Florett Silver over Nougat/Dark Walnut in late March telling them I wanted to remove that bracket and use a properly sized bracket that fits snugly within the inner dimension of the outer license plate frame itself which is usually chrome or stainless steel and that layer of which you can order in slimline form from Audi parts and would look great just above that chrome accent strip with just a narrow line of paint showing between the bottom of the license plate frame with better sized bracket.

The only sliver of black mounting bracket you would see with the correct sized bracket is a thin black vertical line around the inner perimeter edge right at painted truck lid surface under the chrome or stainless license plate frame itself when looking at an angle from the side.

Just the portion of the bracket that elevates the license plate frame off the rear truck lid so as not to scratch the paint would ever be seen, and barely.

As you can clearly see on rear view the clear pix of the nice black 2.0 A6 in the above pix (thanks for those) the license plate mounting bracket overlaps the chrome accent strip below it in an annoying manner, to my eye at least, and it certainly is not what Audi designers had in mind when designing the accent strip on there on the new A6s when they obviously would using the Euro and most of the worlds narrow rectangular plates in the design.

Some robot at Neckarsulm (human or mechanical) must be slapping those oversized mounting bracket on the new A6s with no one yet catching the eye sore.

Both the dealer and parts manager readily acknowledged the FUBAR when I pointed it out to them in person on a new '16 car that had just arrived from Germany when I was there two weeks ago, but would not take the existing oversized bracket off for my car since it came from Germany with the car it would be considered 'modifying the VIN contents' and because the mounting bracket has two screws and two very sticky strips of foam tape glued to the paint finish they didn't want to mess with it and said I can do as I wish when I pick up my new car first week of June (it's leaving German port on May 4).

With my Florett Silver the small glitch might not be as noticeable and I like the subtle contrast of the Florett silver with the chrome accent on the rear, there but still I'm sure I'll wind up changing it out. If any of you can find a proper fit bracket that is more fully solid across the whole bracket with out as many vertical and horizontal slots to all universal mounting screw alignment , please let me know.

Anyway I did find one universal license mounting bracket on EBAY that even said it was for Audi's that fits just inside the license plate frame's outer dimensions perfectly though it's not as solid across its full expanse as is the Audi bracket, though that probably doesn't matter once you places a couple of long horizontal adhesive strips On the back of mounting bracket along with two upper screws to mount it. But first removing the original bracket takes some work after carefully tugging (it takes a lot of tugging apparently according to Audi Parts manager) to remove existing frame and sticky tape. He did say he has ever seen the sticky tape peek and paint finish during the 5 or so he has had to remove from Audus during his 12 year tenure at this Audi Dealer, but did say to go slow and be prepared to have to wrestle that mounting bracket free after unscrewing it of course.

But this EBAY universal bracket I bought is at least just the right size and would easily avoid pressing on the top edge of the chrome strip on truck lid so could work with some added sticky tape.

Maybe if enough of us demand a solution from Audi USA they will oblige us and fix it themselves as it should be?? What say you folks?

Yes, it's a minor cosmetic gotcha for sure, but on such a beautiful refined car it just looks a bit tacked on and doesn't fit, not to mention it's the kind of overlap likely to trap and bleed dirt over that chrome accent with each rain.

Many will likely not notice the issue at all ... until you do ... then it starts to bug you a bit.

It's an easy Fix so do it please Audi!
Old 04-27-2015, 07:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Inyoury
Your price for your lease seems to be much much better than the one they offered me. I haven't paid yet since I haven't gotten the car. The sticker price for mine is $56,205. If I lease and pay upfront they want $27,670 which includes all the fees and 3 years prepaid maintaince. The car is 2.0T cold weather package, sports package, warm weather package and a few other bells and whistles.

Anyone can shine on this since I am fairly new to the car market in the U.S. Thanks
My sticker was $56,955

not sure why you would pay for a 3 year lease up front...time value of money would dictate against that.

Quick Reply: 2016 A6 2.0T?