Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 07:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered

This is my fourth Audi and my first factory order. My son totalled my '07 A6 4.2 (RIP V-8 equipped A6's...my son and all involved were completely unharmed). I took advantage of most of the available technology in this new order, as follows:

• 3.0 TFSI
• Oolang gray exterior
• Audi selection flint gray interior w/Valcona leather seats and gray ash natural wood decorative inlays
• Individual contour seating
• 20" black optics
• Prestige
• S line sport
• Driver assistance
• B & O stereo
• Cold weather
• Rear side airbags

Deal was landed and deposit given a week ago today (6/1/15). The update today from my salesman was that the order had been recieved by the factory and the current factory status was "pending." For those who have placed a factory order before, what are the various statuses from "pending" until pocession?. In other words, what are the various official milestones Audi factory uses as an order moves through the factory—the ones the dealer can see on the official order screen? I realize the car will get here when it gets here. I just want to understand each status update.

Two more questions. I am looking to have Passport's 9500ci installed right away with this module used to achieve a seamless interface with the factory display (9500CA8 | Mid City Engineering). Any first-hand opinions about the 9500ci and/or the Mid City Engineering display module? Other products/direction I should consider?

Also, I am looking for a paint sealant and have come across a fairly new product called Nonohide (nanohidetough.us). Same question...any first-hand knowledge or experience with the product, or other products I should consider?

Thanks in advance for passing along your thoughts and experience...I'm hoping it helps pass the time waiting!
Old 06-09-2015, 03:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congratulations on the order! I ordered a car at the end of March, and went through an ordeal. My sales guy mentioned that the factory accepted my order, when in reality the dealer didn't have any allocations, and I wasted a lot of time.

My recommendation is to ask your sales person to email you a copy of the order status.

Below is the link to the thread that I started:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...-info-2882866/
Old 06-09-2015, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It should be a breeze but do confirm you got the order number from Audi and when it is ready to ship you should get a VIN number too.

Also, be sure to ask your dealer to sign you up for Audi's progress report emails on your car which has four mailings.

First email will be thanking and welcoming you to your new Audi purchase, the second one notifying you of production (and they include extra links about the car) then third notification of European port shipping (this one will includes a bunch of video links to all the major tech features of your car MMI, stop & Go cruise control etc etc) then fourth and final email, (which I just officially received yesterday for my new 3.0 A6 :-))) , announces that the long wait is just about over as your car has reached port and is on its way to your dealer by truck or train.

There is also an older thread you can search for in the archives here detailing how to go about tracking the boat your car is on, once you have the port and ship date from email notice three.

I downloaded the Marinetraffic app and followed my cars journey with a quick peak at the app most times that it was approaching a milestone in the journey from Emden Germany to San Diego via the Panama Canal and that was a fun little distraction during the wait ... Just don't get too obsessive about it.

Anyway Congrats on a whole soup to nuts A6 order. Mine is basically the same set of features, sans the individual contour Sears and B&O stereo, going with the Bose in the Prestige though no doubt the B&O will be super!

I've ordered 3 cars from Audi Germany in the past and bought a few at the dealer, including my very first Audi, an original brand new first gen red Audi Quattro Coupe in 1982 when they first arrived in Honolulu where I lived most of my adult life until moving to Sedona 4 years ago.

Last edited by Hulamau; 06-09-2015 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very helpful stuff...thanks so much. Dealer just sent me a summary of the process. I'll post it here as I've never seen the specifics posted anywhere on these forums. Hope it's accurate...and therefore helpful!

*Order submitted and 'pending' review from Audi
-What happens here is what we've done already, sat down and built the vehicle and placed the order

*Approval from Audi
-They have to review every order to make sure that the packages are together properly. What I mean by that is, when you look at the order guide, you'll notice some packages either require certain other packages, or are not available with certain other packages. Your order was fine, so nothing to worry about here.

*Released for production
-This is when your vehicle will actually start being built! After this process is complete and your vehicle has passed its factory inspections it will be released to port.

*Released to port
-Your vehicle will go to the port and be loaded on the ship.

*In transit
-Your vehicle has actually left the port at this time and is on the water for its journey to the states!

*Port stock
-Your vehicle has arrived here in the states. It goes through customs and gets its VIN assigned to it. Window Stickers are printed at this time and now we're only a few days away!

*Released to carrier
-The customs process and port inspection are complete and now your vehicle is waiting for a truck to bring it to our dealership!

*Truck transit
-On its way to us!

*Dealer stock
-It's arrived! We take off the wrap your vehicle is in. (Audi completely wraps every vehicle to ensure no bug damage while on the trucks) We then inspect the vehicle one last time, fill it with fuel, and give it a full detail.

And lastly,

*Delivery!
-You come by, make sure it's everything you thought it would be. If so, we complete final paperwork and you and I spend about 45 minutes to an hour going over all the features in the vehicle.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just a comment on that radar detector interface thing... model year 2016 is not listed in the compatibility list, and the 2016 instrument cluster display does not look like their picture at all, it is a large full color display. So you may want to check with the manufacturer on that, not sure if they have anything compatible with the 2016s yet.

Congrats on the purchase! I have the 20" black optic package also and you'll love it... it really stands out and gets lots of comments!
Old 06-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default First Official Audi Correspondence Regarding Factory Order

So it looks I'll get three more notices from AoA: 1) When it's built; 2) When it arrives (leaves?) European port; and, 3) When it hits (or moves to truck transport) the American port. Just glad to see it official....now the wait....wait...wait.
Attached Images  
Old 06-11-2015, 10:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep M/M's Dad, as I found too, all the other interim notices your sales guy or gal told you about is stuff they only get, but as customers we get 4 official notifications ... any others reading this who are fixing to buy and Audi, just make sure your sales rep signs you up to received these updates ... not all of them do unless you request that they do so.

My long wait is truly just about over as I get to lay eyes on my new ride tomorrow morning, Friday June 12, as they officially sign it in off the truck and into inventory before they can do the pre-delivery prep and we finish up the usual paper work, then they install my S-line steering wheel emblem badge and metal pedal covers and then its all mine :-) .. should have delivery complete here by Saturday morning not long after LeMans 2015 is getting under way ... Go R18s!

Its likely to be a real battle with Porsche which built this years 919 hybrid specifically for winning LeMans while they still have an edge favoring them in the Section B specification of the FIAWEC regulations which favors 8megaJoule ERS ( energy recover system cars of which only Porsche is 8MJ at this point with Audi at 4MJ ( up from 2MJ last year) and Toyota at 6MJ.

The key as so often for Audi will be mistake free driving and decision making in the pits and by their stud crew chiefs like Lenna Gade, Dr Ullrick ... and their stint pace as opposed to Porsches acknowledged superiority in qualifying pace.

Porsche has the fastest car in the long straights at LeMans, no doubt, but over the course of 24 hours their tire wear versus Audi, if we can pull it off right and maximize our inherent advantage there, could well be the difference in winning a 14th title for Audi. The Porsches have improved their stint times considerably since last year but so has the R18s and with a little luck and Audi's great experience in LeMans they certainly could capture another crown this year which would be incredible if they pull it off, yet again in succession.

This race it truly up for grabs, and even Toyota could win if either Audi or Porsche have accidents or spend much time in the pits. Nissan with their unusual front engine, front wheel design GT-R LM Nismo race car is about 20 seconds off the pace of the lead cars and surprisingly even a bit slower than the LMP2 cars this year so have little to no chance barring a wipe out of every other LMP1.

Last edited by Hulamau; 06-12-2015 at 04:41 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hulamau
Yep M/M's Dad, as I found too, all the other interim notices your sales guy or gal told you about it stuff they get but as customers we get 4 official notifications ... just make sure your sales rep signs you up to received these updates... not all of them do unless you request that they do so.

My long wait is truly just about over as I get to lay eyes on my new ride tomorrow morning as they officially sign it in off the truck and into inventory before they can do the pre-delivery prep and we finish up that paper work ... install my S-line steering wheel emblem badge and metal pedal covers and then its all mine :-) .. should have delivery complete here by Saturday morning not long after LeMans 2015 getting under way ... Go R18s!
Nice...congratulations! Post pics when able.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M/M -

The key right now to ask dealer is your order in IS Order Bank or Factory Order Bank

If you are in IS Order Bank the dealer hasn't been allocated yet to the factory and you are waiting to get at the back of the line.

If you are in Factory Order Bank then you are progressing and you are in line.

Once your in Factory Order Bank it shouldn't take but a week or 2 before the dealer is given a production week.

Best thing to do is ask him for a copy of your current order report from their system. It has all of these details (and people here can tell you what those details mean).
Old 06-12-2015, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your dealer looks pretty reputable though as your already getting notices. You hear horror stories here on some sales reps/dealers that don't know what they are doing.

Quick Reply: 2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered