Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbl1
Your dealer looks pretty reputable though as your already getting notices. You hear horror stories here on some sales reps/dealers that don't know what they are doing.
True enough cbl1, it does seem M/M Dads dealer is a good one, as is mine at Penske's Audi North Scottsdale which has consistently been among the top tier Audi dealers in the US for years.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been quiet regarding progress of order. New A6 ordered 6/1/15. Received first official acknowledgment for AoA on 6/7/15 (of 4 total). Nothing since. I realize the car will get here when it gets here, but anything I can ask dealer to do to move things along? This sound normal to those of you who've factory ordered?
Old 07-06-2015, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to ask the dealer to look it up in the Audi system and it should have a week of manufacture. That will tell you the week they should produce the car. From that point delivery in US probably take about 40 days past that give or take a week.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just got the updated details on my order, placed with dealer on 6/1/15. According to the order page, the production week is 3715, or the second week in September (week of 9/7/15). Is this normal–more than 90 days from order until start of production? Dealer is saying it will be here as promised (120 days). I'm not really sure that is possible given the production start date of 9/7/15. The car will get here when it gets here...any of you experienced buyers (my first factory order) have further insight? This normal, expected? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

90 days from order to production is quite high. Was the color combo a special build order? If not, the other explanation could be the dealer only has a limited allocation and there are other orders ahead of you from that dealer. If it turns out that is what's happening, see if there is any way to move you up in the queue.

For example, when I ordered my A6 there were several orders already ahead f me but my dealer was able to take one of their two demo orders and switch it to mine. The end result was my car only took 7 weeks from order to delivery - in fact since my dealer is only 1 hour from the RI port (the closest U.S. port to Germany) I received the very first 2913 A6 to deliver in the country.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The a6/s6 seems to be very popular right now. s6 orders are to the point of waiting months just to get a factory date. It doesn't sound unreasonable with the back log I keep hearing here. At least you have a production date. You should get the car in U.S. About 45 days from production give or take a week.
Old 07-13-2015, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This wont help in anyway, but I'm excited to see a real picture of that Audi Design selection FLint Gray interior! Looks really nice on the website.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered

I just ordered last Saturday, no indication of prod date yet. I did ask to be added to the auto notification system, rep said those are not accurate so they typically don't add customers to it unless asked. They also said they'll first see if they can switch with a store order first.

In the sales order, they've left themselves 90 days to deliver the car.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by M/M's Dad
Just got the updated details on my order, placed with dealer on 6/1/15. According to the order page, the production week is 3715, or the second week in September (week of 9/7/15). Is this normal–more than 90 days from order until start of production? Dealer is saying it will be here as promised (120 days). I'm not really sure that is possible given the production start date of 9/7/15. The car will get here when it gets here...any of you experienced buyers (my first factory order) have further insight? This normal, expected? Thanks.
I ordered my A6 Avant on 3/31/15. It is absolutely standard spec (no options other than selecting Tornado Grey). It was built Week 27 (was originally told Week 28 but it got pulled forward a week), which would fit with your own 3 month delay between order and build. Currently it is sitting at the port waiting to do the short trip across the North Sea, hopefully I will get the car by the end of the month. I queried the long build time and my dealer claimed that Audi were deliberately restricting supply on the A6 to help keep residual values higher. Remember as well that this is prime holiday period here in Europe so it is likely that the factory will either shut down for a couple of weeks or be operating at reduced capacity to allow for staff vacations.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by John Simcox
I ordered my A6 Avant on 3/31/15. It is absolutely standard spec (no options other than selecting Tornado Grey). It was built Week 27 (was originally told Week 28 but it got pulled forward a week), which would fit with your own 3 month delay between order and build. Currently it is sitting at the port waiting to do the short trip across the North Sea, hopefully I will get the car by the end of the month. I queried the long build time and my dealer claimed that Audi were deliberately restricting supply on the A6 to help keep residual values higher. Remember as well that this is prime holiday period here in Europe so it is likely that the factory will either shut down for a couple of weeks or be operating at reduced capacity to allow for staff vacations.
I just wanted to chime in here as I just called Audi International. I too just ordered an A6 and the dealer officially submitted the order this Monday. When talking to Audi Inter'l, they said the factory shuts down (Neckarsulm - where all A6s are built) from 1 - 24 August (a holiday period). In addition, my dealer said they should get a build date from Audi later this month. With that being said, I still expect to not see the car till mid to late September since there has to be cars ahead of my newly placed order. This could be overly optimistic also. Oh well, all good things come in time... the anticipation!

Quick Reply: 2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered