Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 03:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered

Originally Posted by cram51
I just wanted to chime in here as I just called Audi International. I too just ordered an A6 and the dealer officially submitted the order this Monday. When talking to Audi Inter'l, they said the factory shuts down (Neckarsulm - where all A6s are built) from 1 - 24 August (a holiday period). In addition, my dealer said they should get a build date from Audi later this month. With that being said, I still expect to not see the car till mid to late September since there has to be cars ahead of my newly placed order. This could be overly optimistic also. Oh well, all good things come in time... the anticipation!
It's only been two business days since I ordered but you've inspired me to contact my dealer today to confirm my order has been placed with Audi. Id hate to get in line after the shut down and earlier the better before the shut down.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedKeen
It's only been two business days since I ordered but you've inspired me to contact my dealer today to confirm my order has been placed with Audi. Id hate to get in line after the shut down and earlier the better before the shut down.
I fear that any car being built between now and 1st August will have already been committed to in terms of spec etc, so unless you are really lucky and an unsold car is being built that the dealer can get allocated to you, you will probably need to wait until September or even October for a build slot. My build was 13 weeks after ordering and that is in line with the timeframe mentioned earlier in this post
Old 07-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered

Originally Posted by John Simcox
I fear that any car being built between now and 1st August will have already been committed to in terms of spec etc, so unless you are really lucky and an unsold car is being built that the dealer can get allocated to you, you will probably need to wait until September or even October for a build slot. My build was 13 weeks after ordering and that is in line with the timeframe mentioned earlier in this post
Fingers crossed, no response from dealer yet. Hoping it'll get built in Sept. If build date is Oct, delivery wouldn't be till November that's well over the 90 days stipulated in the sale agreement. There is a special provision in the agreement for delivery beyond 90 days, which we didn't complete. Maybe dealer is just not aware of production times. They certainly didn't tell me about the shut down when I asked about time to delivery.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hulamau - could you please restate your post on Audi at LeMans again in English this time?
Old 07-18-2015, 01:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SpeedKeen
Fingers crossed, no response from dealer yet. Hoping it'll get built in Sept. If build date is Oct, delivery wouldn't be till November that's well over the 90 days stipulated in the sale agreement. There is a special provision in the agreement for delivery beyond 90 days, which we didn't complete. Maybe dealer is just not aware of production times. They certainly didn't tell me about the shut down when I asked about time to delivery.
Have you heard anything back from your dealer?
Old 07-18-2015, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would ask your dealer for a copy of your order status sheet from Audi. That will tell you if it has been allocated to the factory or assigned a factory date.

If you have been allocated to factory but no production date I would expect still 100 days.

If you haven't been allocated to factory yet and dealer pushes for you 120 days.

If you haven't been allocated and your dealer just lets it sit and wait. I would say January.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I hope you like your 2016 A6 better than my experience. It has been an electronic nightmare and an underwhelming experience. I hope you didn't order the harsh riding sport suspension. Good luck!
Old 07-18-2015, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

My 2015 A6 TDI has been a wonderful car and I really enjoy the sport suspension. I am sure that the OP will enjoy his car.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure he researched, test drove and purchased the proper suspension for his needs.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sales rep responded that it'll be in Sept order bank with Nov likely for delivery.

I asked for specifics though in terms of a) have they submitted the order to Audi b) When I'd get a production date.

I haven't gotten a response on those two questions. I sent a follow up email yesterday. I'll give it till tomorrow afternoon and send a note to the Business Manager.

I'd just like to ensure they place the order with Audi this month and not after the plant reopens.

Quick Reply: 2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered