Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedKeen
Just to update on order progress.

I emailed my dealer today, hoping to hear it was on the ship. Dealer sent me a screen shot. My car was produced in week 37 as committed, actual date was 9/8. However it shows that it's at the factory and not on a ship yet. Not sure how real time the system info is, but here's hoping its on a ship and just not updated in the dealer system yet.

Also the My Audi Tracker is still not available for 2016s yet, kinda lame.

News from others on this thread?
My order went to factory in week 36. Currently aboard the Demeter Leader scheduled to dock in Jacksonville 9/28/15. I'll take final delivery in Orlando. SpeedKeen...have your dealer send you the 3 (sometimes 4) page "Vehicle Details" report. Those are available at the dealer any time.

Hope to have pics to post in a couple of weeks.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Awesome timing, I ordered my car few days before you, so slightly bummed to read your post!

Nice looking ship that your car is on.

ADRIATIC HIGHWAY - Ro-Ro Cargo: current position and details | IMO 9442885, MMSI 432665000, Callsign 7JDP | Registered in Japan - AIS Marine Traffic
My dealer was able to change a stock order to my preference allowing me to get the car sooner is what I have been told. Just happy it was built after everyone came back from vacation shutdown. Wish I could tell where the Adriatic Highway is right now, but a paid subscription is needed for GPS updates. I guess I will know when it is range of Davisville. Kinda fun as it is getting near the finish line.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Car landed at port in Jacksonville today (9/28). Immigration, inspections and then over land transfer to Orlando. Hoping to take delivery by end of next week...is that reasonable (for those of you with more experience with factory orders)?
Old 09-29-2015, 04:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by M/M's Dad
Car landed at port in Jacksonville today (9/28). Immigration, inspections and then over land transfer to Orlando. Hoping to take delivery by end of next week...is that reasonable (for those of you with more experience with factory orders)?

My car landed in Davisville yesterday 9/28 and I'm hoping I have sometime next week. This week would be great, but probably unrealistic.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default A6 3.0 Diesel Emissions

I talked to Audi International and they told me they will have a system in place in the next couple of days that checks to ensure our car (2016 A6) meets emissions standards. As you all probably already know, the VW/Audi fiasco is mainly involving the 1.6 or 2.0 liter diesel engines. No need for all of us to check since I'm already getting mine checked, so I'll let you know what I find out in the next few days. Again, he said with 95% confidence that our 3.0 engine is fine, but Audi is making sure on all of their engines.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

And of course, anything coming from the lips of VAG people right now has to be completely accurate. Forget the past, this is today. Things are different now. They can be trusted.
He is 99% confident the 3.0TDI is fine. That does leave a 1% hole that he left open. Let's hope that's the truth this time.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cram51
I talked to Audi International and they told me they will have a system in place in the next couple of days that checks to ensure our car (2016 A6) meets emissions standards. As you all probably already know, the VW/Audi fiasco is mainly involving the 1.6 or 2.0 liter diesel engines. No need for all of us to check since I'm already getting mine checked, so I'll let you know what I find out in the next few days. Again, he said with 95% confidence that our 3.0 engine is fine, but Audi is making sure on all of their engines.
Interested to hear what you find out. If the 3.0 will be part of it I may look to cancel my order.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interested to hear what you find out. If the 3.0 will be part of it I may look to cancel my order.
Audi International got back in touch today. They said they just set up a site for German owners to check their engine and see if it is part of the emissions problem. They said it is not known when they will have a similar site for the U.S. Spec cars, BUT our engine in the U.S. is the same as one of the engines in Germany and...drum roll...it is NOT one if the engines that has an emission problem! So, though we have a wait time till our site is set up (you simply put in your VIN # and it tells you if it has a recall for emissions), we know in advance that our 3.0 diesel does not exceed emission standards for the U.S. and Europe. Now I'm back to good ole square one, which is a good place to be - waiting for delivery!
Old 10-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What do you know...they have updated the U.S. Audi recall page as of 2 October. You can enter your VIN # at the following link and check your status for recalls. Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number

Again, you will see your 3.0 is good to go!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Update...

Car left Emden 10/6, almost a month after production date (9/8). Should be in Halifax 10/16.

Quick Reply: 2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered