Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 A6 Comfort Window Up/Down

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 05:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2016 A6 Comfort Window Up/Down

picked up my MY16 A6 P+ 2.0 the other night and noticed that the convenience window down with keyfob was already factory enabled. The only problem is that you can't roll the windows back up with the keyfob...stupid I know. Anyone figure out how to enable the windows back up via VCDS?
Old 05-06-2015, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If it's partly working, go into the MMI and the door lock control and you should see something there for the comfort windows. There are some settings there you can change.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Calimus
If it's partly working, go into the MMI and the door lock control and you should see something there for the comfort windows. There are some settings there you can change.
my point is that the comfort setting is already enabled in MMI as in the option is already there without any tinkering with VCDS but the option only enables you to open the windows/moonroof, not close.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We live in a nanny state. You can't allow someone to roll up windows without them actually being there pressing the button. What do you want? Head/handless children & animals?!?!?!
Old 05-06-2015, 10:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm guessing you can do it on a MY2016. I have my MY2012 enabled to roll up and down using the keyfob with VCDS mods.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/vag.../#post24573050

Last edited by engleg; 05-06-2015 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
We live in a nanny state. You can't allow someone to roll up windows without them actually being there pressing the button. What do you want? Head/handless children & animals?!?!?!
How is that different than auto up when you are inside the car? In fact, if you are using it from outside the car there is actually less chance that a child is still inside. And if they are, you are probably going to get a visit from CPS anyway. You do know you are not supposed to lock them in the car, right?
Old 05-07-2015, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
You do know you are not supposed to lock them in the car, right?
No idea. I don't have any pets and my wife and I aren't expecting a daughter until September. My health insurance doesn't cover parenting classes so I figured I'd just kind of wing it once she gets here.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

anyone out there with MY2016 figure out the coding to get the windows to go up with keyfob? current factory setting is that you can open the windows with keyfob without messing with VCDS but I can't figure out if there is a setting that'll allow the windows to be closed with keyfob.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Assuming the VCDS coding for windows using key fob below has been done:
-------------
Operating Windows and Sunroof with Remote
This will allow you to hold the Lock and Unlock buttons on your remote to open and close the windows and sunroof

[46 - Cent. Conv.]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] ->
Or Check the box for "Comfort Operation: Remote Control active"
--------------
After recoding the module in VCDS, the windows will only roll up, not down.
Assuming the coding above was completed through VCDS, your car will now have a MENU in your MMI for the window and sunroof control with the key fob.

I believe the menu to change the windows operation is: Select CAR, Vehicle Settings then look for the Windows (or Convenience) menu item. It will give you several options for the windows/sunroof operation that once set. will allow the key fob to open as well as close them.

Note that The key fob buttons must be held for 5 seconds before the windows will move.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Assuming the VCDS coding for windows using key fob below has been done:
-------------
Operating Windows and Sunroof with Remote
This will allow you to hold the Lock and Unlock buttons on your remote to open and close the windows and sunroof

[46 - Cent. Conv.]
[Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] ->
Or Check the box for "Comfort Operation: Remote Control active"
--------------
After recoding the module in VCDS, the windows will only roll up, not down.
Assuming the coding above was completed through VCDS, your car will now have a MENU in your MMI for the window and sunroof control with the key fob.

I believe the menu to change the windows operation is: Select CAR, Vehicle Settings then look for the Windows (or Convenience) menu item. It will give you several options for the windows/sunroof operation that once set. will allow the key fob to open as well as close them.

Note that The key fob buttons must be held for 5 seconds before the windows will move.
I don't think I'm being clear so I will try again. I used to have a B8 A4 and a B8.5 A4. I recently upgraded to a 2016 A6. Before I did any tinkering with my VAG COM, the comfort window option was already enabled in the MMI menu from the factory. Unfortunately the comfort window option only works for windows to go down/sunroof to vent. In my previous A4s, you are correct, I had to go into VCDS and enable the comfort window option befor it showed up in the MMI menu.

My question is for other 2016 A6 owners who may or may not have a VAG COM cable to first verify that they are experiencing the same issue and further for those who do have VAGCOM to see if they have found a workaround that will enable the windows to also be closed with he keyfob. I hope this is clearer. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2016 A6 Comfort Window Up/Down