Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 A6 Gas pedal click?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 A6 Gas pedal click?

Hi guys, new to the forums, Hello all

I recently got my 2016 A6 2.0T quattro this year, ever since i got it the gas pedal off from just starting and going would CLICK and tick once, you could feel it. Its every time too. I thought it was normal but when i went to an oil change they gave me a A3, the A3 Did not every do the same thing and this is my first car that does that. i lease my cars every 3 years i went from lexus, mb, then this. I do have a video of it. Also i did tell the service man and they did not find any problems, i doubt they actually drove it. It clicks on a certain speed. I cant upload the video, security.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

So take the service guy out for a ride and let him experience it. This is not normal and needs to be looked at/addressed. To me it is a safety concern.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I leased a 2016 A6 2.0 a month ago and I have this click, I know exactly what are you taking about and it happens only once after I start the car and pull over. I don't have time to take it to the dealer as this might be like the other issues I have with the car where its difficult to reproduce. If its annoying you take it to the dealership, I am curious to know what the dealer service says.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

This kind of stuff is so annoying. I don't have this particular problem but I know how it feels. I hope it can be easily corrected.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

sorry for the delay, i went in last week. so busy. so the problem is the abs system. they said it resets or ABS PURGE. so this isnt my first lux car but i dont know why audi cars make it like this. its annoying. another problem is the break PEDAL. it clicks each time you press it. they said they test drove a similar model and its normal and they would just put LUBE on it just to satisfy me! cheaper cars dont even make THESE NOISES!!! first audi and this is a horrible experience. i cant wait for my lease to be over. Just update, i test drove their A3, A4 and S4. Breaks dont make the noise. but i did notice the ABS PURGE -_- BUT THE BREAKS. the breaks never made the noise before BTW.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Don Pablo
sorry for the delay, i went in last week. so busy. so the problem is the abs system. they said it resets or ABS PURGE. so this isnt my first lux car but i dont know why audi cars make it like this. its annoying. another problem is the break PEDAL. it clicks each time you press it. they said they test drove a similar model and its normal and they would just put LUBE on it just to satisfy me! cheaper cars dont even make THESE NOISES!!! first audi and this is a horrible experience. i cant wait for my lease to be over. Just update, i test drove their A3, A4 and S4. Breaks dont make the noise. but i did notice the ABS PURGE -_- BUT THE BREAKS. the breaks never made the noise before BTW.
You can't upload a video of this because of "security" ...what kind of security..I'm intrigued

Also, where is this clicking coming from? From the shifter or the pedal? Is it an audible click or a click that you feel?

My '14 gas pedal clicks right before the pedal its the floor. Its not audible, more of just a feeling. But I've felt it in other C7's.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

its both, you can hear it and feel it, at random times it happens again during driving. The break pedal also clicks and you can feel it. They said its normal but i got 3 rental cars and even the same car and no break noise or click. cant upload due to new member. they put lube on the breaks to quiet it but it didnt work. Im working on getting this returned, gunna wait 3-10 days the lady said.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My 2016 A6 2.0T Quattro doesn't do it.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So after talking to SEVERAL PEOPLE AT THE DEALERSHIP. im totally disgusted with them. HOLY SOIDJASOIDJA they do not care. im tired of them. so im checking out another dealership for 2nd opinion. I think they would just BS me and say the same thing. So the lubrication on the brake pedals made the pedals worst. They tend to click anytime now. constantly. each soft to medium press on the brakes. Its not just the noise that offends me IT THE FEEL. you can actually feel them. I was told it was the BRAKE PUMP this time and it is normal operational use.

DOES anyone here have this same problem?
Old 02-10-2017, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Here a link to the video of the brakes noise. please anyone let me know there thoughts. something to be concerned about or just shut up and deal with it
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtSOqMJ6u9yUoDwkSyBYOe8U4tAU

Quick Reply: 2016 A6 Gas pedal click?