Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 Audi A6 New Owner - Tips and suggestions ???

Old 04-30-2016, 12:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Inyoury
My 2012!and 2016 MY came with P-zeros. I put the Conti DWS06. Love them and.very quiet and smooth even though I have 20" wheels.
And another thumbs up from me.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of votes for the Conti DWS06. Do these tires do very well in snow? Reviews say so, but like to get some feedbacks from actual Audi owners.

Just picked up my A6 today, and it came with Eagle LS2. Seems like pretty bad reviews on these tires. Will probably switch them out before the winter comes.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by thehaviet
Which tires does everyone put on their A6?

Being in the Northeast, I really need great All Season tires and both the Michelin AS3 and Conti DWS 06 seem to get great reviews.

How good are those Goodyear tires that come with the car?
As you can see buy my signature I run dedicated snows and this thing holds the road like a tank in the winter. I run dedicated summer tires and swap to snows in the winter and get the best of both worlds.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Lots of votes for the Conti DWS06. Do these tires do very well in snow? Reviews say so, but like to get some feedbacks from actual Audi owners.

Just picked up my A6 today, and it came with Eagle LS2. Seems like pretty bad reviews on these tires. Will probably switch them out before the winter comes.
They will do well on plowed or less than 4" and while they are rated very good in snow for a UHP A/S, they are not as good as dedicated winter tires. No all season tire will be - every tire is a compromise of one thing or another.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Another vote for DWS.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

What does everyone feel about the Engine auto start/stop?

Not sure I can really get used to this. Each time it stops at a red light, and then restarts, i feel the car jerks a little.

If I turn this feature off, what impacts does it have besides fuel economy?

Do most drivers turn this off? Or leave it on?
Old 05-02-2016, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure I can really get used to this. Each time it stops at a red light, and then restarts, i feel the car jerks a little.

I use my auto start/stop all the time, I've never turned it off on my 2013. You can help the car make the determination if it stops the engine at a stop light. If you come up to the light slowly and don't hit the brake pedal hard it will not shut off the car, and the engine will continue to run as if it didn't have the system. After you've come to a complete stop, if you press hard on the brake peddle it WILL shut it off. Play around with it and you'll see what I mean. The car jerks a little because it's engaging the engine again. If you watch the hood of your car when you take your foot off, you'll also notice it drop a little bit. Again, because the drive train is engaged and your breaking.

No impact for turning it off.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Snagit put this together a few years ago, some great "tips" here

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...-list-2848761/
Old 05-02-2016, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Another feature for advanced key cars is that a single kick under the center of the rear bumper will pop the trunk open when the car is off.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm one who dislikes this feature and mine is permanently set to off. I find it annoying and don't like the slight delay if the foot is left firmly on the gas pedal before taking off.

There is absolutely no downside, other than a very slight fuel economy difference, to not using stop/start. On the other hand, while there is no data to prove it one way or the other, a logical argument can be made that stop/start places additional wear on the starter and possibly other components.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Audi A6 New Owner - Tips and suggestions ???