Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

20in all season tire recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been very happy with my Conti DWS, but I've only used them on an A4 with sport suspension in a 17" 235/45 size. I plan to get them in the 20" size when my A6 arrives soon. If you get snow and don't plan on using winter tires, I think this is the no-brainer choice. They've gotten me through many snowy winters in my hilly area (Western PA), although I'll be curious to see how much the bigger 255/35 size reduces traction. If you live in warmer climates and don't care about snow, then you have more options, but I'm happy with the Conti's the other 3 seasons as well.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by LeadingEdge
I've been very happy with my Conti DWS, but I've only used them on an A4 with sport suspension in a 17" 235/45 size. I plan to get them in the 20" size when my A6 arrives soon. If you get snow and don't plan on using winter tires, I think this is the no-brainer choice. They've gotten me through many snowy winters in my hilly area (Western PA), although I'll be curious to see how much the bigger 255/35 size reduces traction. If you live in warmer climates and don't care about snow, then you have more options, but I'm happy with the Conti's the other 3 seasons as well.
Wonderful! I live in Pittsburgh now and will get the continental DWS. Should I try to sell my P zeros? While they are new? Or keep them for the summers?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Inyoury
Wonderful! I live in Pittsburgh now and will get the continental DWS. Should I try to sell my P zeros? While they are new? Or keep them for the summers?
Depends on how new the 20" P-Zeros are. You might just use the Pirellis during summer/fall until it starts to freeze and flip to the Conti DWS be sure and get the new version Conti DWS-06 model.

Also, Conti ExtremeContact DW is a nice summer 20" for A6 as well especially with Sports suspension plus 20" as it has a good all around blend of performance, grip and smoother, quieter ride than some other Max Pro summer 20" especially with the 100H rating common with stock A6 tires, though also with the higher 100Y rating too though that higher rated tire has a bit stiffer sidewalls than the H.

The Conti EC-DW is a good Max pro summer when considering that the A6 does not have air suspension option via Drive Select, as does the S6 and A7/S7 (maybe in the next 2018 Marc Licthe A6 we will get that nice option of air suspension or at least magnetic-oil filled adjustable shocks?).

In any event, in the here and now, that added touch with the Conti DW tire can be a good thing in getting an even quieter smoother ride to a degree with decent handling and good grip and road feel still. Most people at tire rack seem pretty happy with the Extreme Contact DW too for summer tires as they have a pretty high overall test rating and customer support rating.

Hulamau

Last edited by Hulamau; 07-24-2015 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the Michelin Pilot A/S 3. Ride, handling, quiet and even in Snow are OK
Old 04-30-2015, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hulamau
Depends on how new the 20" P-Zeros are. You might just use the Pirellis during summer/fall until it starts to freeze and flip to the Conti DWS be sure and get the new version Conti DWS-06 model.

Also, Conti ExtremeContact DW is a nice summer 20" for A6 as well especially with Sports suspension plus 20" as it has a good all around blend of performance, grip and smoother, quieter ride than some other Max Pro summer 20" especially with the 100H rating common with stock A6 tires, though also with the higher 100Y rating too though that higher rated tire has a bit stiffer sidewalls than the H.

The Conti EC-DW is a good Max pro summer when considering that the A6 does not have air suspension option via Drive Select, as does the S6 and A7/S7 (maybe in the next 2018 Marc Licthe A6 we will get that nice option of air suspension or at least magnetic-oil filled adjustable shocks?).

In any event, in the hear and now, that added touch with the Conti DW tire can be a good thing in getting an even quieter smoother ride to a degree with decent handling and good grip and road feel still. Most people at tire rack seem pretty happy with the Extreme Contact DW too for summer tires as they have a pretty high overall test rating and customer support rating.

Hulamau
The P-Zeros have about 60 miles on them.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The P-Zeros have about 60 miles on them.
I just sold mine on eBay yesterday.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
I just sold mine on eBay yesterday.
Can I ask what is a good price to sell them? I have never used eBay nor do I know what used tires go for in the U.S.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2015, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Can I ask what is a good price to sell them? I have never used eBay nor do I know what used tires go for in the U.S.

Thanks
Mine had about 10 miles on them because they were swapped out right after the car was unloaded. I sold them as "Like New! 100% Tread!". Ended up with $575, plus $80 for shipping (a reasonable retail rate, but it cost me less since I have an account with heavy discounts). eBay takes a few percent (I setup an eBay store to sell the tires, plus some other stuff, so it dropped my rate) and PayPal takes a couple more. The tires were running about $185/each on TireRack when I listed them so that's not bad.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Mine had about 10 miles on them because they were swapped out right after the car was unloaded. I sold them as "Like New! 100% Tread!". Ended up with $575, plus $80 for shipping (a reasonable retail rate, but it cost me less since I have an account with heavy discounts). eBay takes a few percent (I setup an eBay store to sell the tires, plus some other stuff, so it dropped my rate) and PayPal takes a couple more. The tires were running about $185/each on TireRack when I listed them so that's not bad.
Wonderful. Thank you for the price to bench mark. I think I will have a bit miles on mine since the new tires will take a few days to deliver and install. Maybe I can get around $480-$500 for the set?
Old 05-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hancook ventus S1 noble 2 255/35ZR20 97W XL UHP All Season . Put on my 2013 A6 Prestige August 2014 Have 17,000 miles on now. Rotated 3 times. Kept TP @ 42PSI. Made 3 trips from Fla to TX and OK. Very quiet at hwy speeds 70-85. Good dry and wet traction and cold weather. Had no snow so no comment. 7/32" depth. I also have had Pirelli on a2010 Camaro and 2012 Mercedes CLS550. Totally noisy and crappy wear.

Quick Reply: 20in all season tire recommendations