Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 Active Lane Assist Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter VIP
Does anyone know if the programming is possible with OBDeleven? Thanks.
I personally have not seen any mention of the OBDeleven unit on the forum yet. I've seen mention of the Carrista App used to code few convenience features.
However, I'm pretty sure you will need the Ross-Tech VagCom unit for this mod since it's more involved programming. It's not only having to re-code the controller, but also changing adaptation settings which I dont think is accessible on the simpler apps from what I've seen.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have successfully completed this mod without installing the on/off switch.

I used coding instructions from posts 10, 34 and 43 using OBDeleven app.

Everything is working as expected and HUD is showing the Lanes icon.

Thank you very much, guys, for this research and very well written instructions!

I'm not comfortable enough to disassemble the steering wheel, so I think I'll just have this feature ON all the time at least for now. With OBDeleven I can turn it on and off from my cell phone (it's not as easy as with the stalk switch, of course, lol).

The feature is amazing - the car actually steers by itself! It can even handle light road turns! Pretty cool!

However, I was thinking if it would be possible to enable just Lane Departure Warning (wheel shake), without the actual steering. That way I would definitely can leave it ON all the time, as I expect that having actual steering permanently enabled will start bothering me soon. I tried some adaptation settings in 8E module, but I could not find anything that would leave just Warning system ON without steering. Any ideas?
Old 08-26-2016, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I leave both the warning and lane keeping on all the time. No reason not to.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I followed the guides and eventually got ALA activated. (without buying the other physical steering wheel stalk)

Last edited by Peter VIP; 08-28-2016 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey congrats guys on activating without needing to use the ross tech vagcom. And thanks for adding the info regarding the OBD11 thingy which I've never heard of. The more info the better.

We all have different preferences and whatever works for you guys is great. Personally I have to say I do not like having the ALA acticated after certain high speed as I feel it's dangerous (in my personal preference) to have the car want to affect my steering at high speed if the sensors decide to react to a weird highway stripe or road indentation.

I've had moments where high speed driving suddenly car jerked steering and although easy enough to recover from, was still not a comfortable experience. So i now turn-off after certain speeds. The benefits of off/on.

However, I do live in LA where lane markings and road conditions vary wildly.

Again,.. Congrats on your achievements and enjoy. I'ts definitely a great feature!!
Old 08-28-2016, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=IknowHuhA6;24851591

I've had moments where high speed driving suddenly car jerked steering and although easy enough to recover from, was still not a comfortable experience. So i now turn-off after certain speeds. The benefits of off/on.

[/QUOTE]

I experience this occasionally. It is especially uncomfortable for the passengers.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang,I need to get an Android or VCDS
Old 08-29-2016, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BFN949
I experience this occasionally. It is especially uncomfortable for the passengers.
Hey sorry we were't able to help you troubleshoot that blinking ALA indicator. Did you ever get that resolved? Is your system working good now?
Old 09-19-2016, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone done this on a C7.5? I have the camera in my windshield but I don't have ACC which also means the vehicle doesn't have the radar in the front bumper.

Calvin
Old 09-19-2016, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Webtoker
Has anyone done this on a C7.5? I have the camera in my windshield but I don't have ACC which also means the vehicle doesn't have the radar in the front bumper.

Calvin
Have you checked the top left stalk for turn signals to see if there is button at the end of it? The windshield camera is used for two features.
1. for active lane assist (primary function)
2. for additional input to help the Adaptive cruise (secondary function)

If you have the camera with no ACC, and you indeed have no ALA switch, I find that rather odd.

Quick Reply: A6 Active Lane Assist Retrofit