Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 Active Lane Assist Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
Would be interesting if someone enabled it and got a European speed limit sign to test it in the US. You might even be able to do it with a display if the right size and distance.
I have enabled this in my 2016 A6 ( haven't been in the US yet ) currently in Germany and doesn't work. I believe it's a database issue.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If anyone needs the steering column part with the ACC buttons, let me know. I have one that I didn't end up using. I am looking to sell and live locally in the US.

Thx,

Calvin
Old 12-18-2016, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The 2017 Audi Q7 offers traffic sign recognition in America.

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...7-brochure.pdf

If the hardware is the same (or the latest windshield camera can be retrofitted to older cars), then in theory you could get traffic sign recognition in other Audi/VW models
Old 12-31-2016, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi There

New to the forums and this hasd caught my eye, I have a 2014 S-line with Adaptive xenons, Tech pack, Tints, Full electric seats

I have been looking into doing this mod but while it appears i have the camera VAG COM does not seem to pick up an "8E" module

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why ?

Thanks

PS Happy New Year
Old 01-07-2017, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry to bump this up but does anyone know what i would need to buy to get this working ?

Cheers
Old 01-16-2017, 06:16 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by IGM83
Hi There

New to the forums and this hasd caught my eye, I have a 2014 S-line with Adaptive xenons, Tech pack, Tints, Full electric seats

I have been looking into doing this mod but while it appears i have the camera VAG COM does not seem to pick up an "8E" module

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why ?

Thanks

PS Happy New Year
Best I was able to come up with was there are variants of the camera in the windshield for different features. If your car came with a feature that required the camera then it was there. But, if your car didn't have another feature that also required the 8E image processing control module, then you didn't get equipped with that module from the factory. That 8E module is required for this to work. Retrofitting it would be quite a task and you would most likely need a different camera to go with it in the windshield. You would also need the new turn level stock for the steering column to activate the feature. Once all parts were installed you would have to take it to the dealer to have it calibrated (unlike other users that already had module 8E and 85 already equipped) which is quite pricey.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thats what i was afraid off, such a shame

Thanks for the help
Old 01-20-2017, 11:26 PM
Y N
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mrclopec
Best I was able to come up with was there are variants of the camera in the windshield for different features. If your car came with a feature that required the camera then it was there. But, if your car didn't have another feature that also required the 8E image processing control module, then you didn't get equipped with that module from the factory. That 8E module is required for this to work. Retrofitting it would be quite a task and you would most likely need a different camera to go with it in the windshield. You would also need the new turn level stock for the steering column to activate the feature. Once all parts were installed you would have to take it to the dealer to have it calibrated (unlike other users that already had module 8E and 85 already equipped) which is quite pricey.
Hey, I have owned my 2012 audi a6 since new, I don't have adaptive cruise control. I do have heads up display and led running lights...at the time i bought the vehicle it appeared to have the camera in the windshield as it had the cover on the inside and everything. however, after reading this forum, i tried to enable active lane assist and discovered there was no camera. however since everything except the camera and wiring is present and i figure it wont be as hard to retrofit...I want to start by ordering the camera from ebay and wiring harness from kufatec so will someone be kind enough to give me the model number of the camera that would be compatible with my car. And ofcourse i will take lots of pictures and create a write up about the process...also any tips/tricks, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:39 PM
Y N
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Y N
Hey, I have owned my 2012 audi a6 since new, I don't have adaptive cruise control. I do have heads up display and led running lights...at the time i bought the vehicle it appeared to have the camera in the windshield as it had the cover on the inside and everything. however, after reading this forum, i tried to enable active lane assist and discovered there was no camera. however since everything except the camera and wiring is present and i figure it wont be as hard to retrofit...I want to start by ordering the camera from ebay and wiring harness from kufatec so will someone be kind enough to give me the model number of the camera that would be compatible with my car. And ofcourse i will take lots of pictures and create a write up about the process...also any tips/tricks, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I think maybe im not getting any response due to the fact that i may not be as clear as i need to be...i will attach a picture that makes it clear that i have the opening in the windshield for the camera but no camera is present. however this means that installing one wont require a new windshield. The picture is from the inside with the cover removed. i was think i would order the camera and image processing unit from germany which will cost around $300 and another $100 on the wiring from Kufatec.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:43 PM
Y N
AudiWorld Newcomer

im also adding a picture from the outside of the car

Quick Reply: A6 Active Lane Assist Retrofit