Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6/C7 air filter change?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6/C7 air filter change?

New member here and proud owner of a 2013 A6 2.0T, have about 25k miles on it and want to swap out the engine and cabin air filters.Sadly can't seem to find the instructions for the C7 for this anywhere, esp. the engine air filter.
If someone has done it and can post instructions and/or link to them, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sidm20014
New member here and proud owner of a 2013 A6 2.0T, have about 25k miles on it and want to swap out the engine and cabin air filters.Sadly can't seem to find the instructions for the C7 for this anywhere, esp. the engine air filter.
If someone has done it and can post instructions and/or link to them, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.
I just had my 15K service expecting to have air filter to be changed and was told the air filter gets done at the 55K service. That seems forever for an air filter, but who am I to argue with the Audi service schedule.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

The cabin filter is accessed under the glove box - you can find a video on youtube that shows how to do that.

You may need to search in google but it doesn't come up for the C7 when I took a quick look.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks: I understand Audi's official recommendations but an air filter is something that can be beneficial is changed more aggressively, thought not sure if I want to pay the stealership to do it.

The engine air filter video/instructions for the C7 is what I am looking for mainly.

On a side note, does every follow the 20k mile oil change interval recommended in the manual? I got my first one done at the stealership for free at 5k per the book abut at 16k, decided to get a full synthetic engine oil change, along with life-time wheel alignments and rotation at a local shop. Probably going to do the next one at 27-28k.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

This video shows a C7 cabin air filter to be in the engine compartment. There may be two.

This video is for the A6 C6 ... the C7 should be similar.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I saw the one for C6 tdi earlier but the one in my 2.0T tfsi (gas/petrol) unlike the diesel shown above is significantly different, for one I cannot see any visible clips around the section like in the above video.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Only focusing on the engine air filter for the moment ^
Old 02-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Don't have a video to share, but I have changed engine air filter myself. The key is to remove the air pipe coming out of the engine. There is a o-ring tighten the pipe with robber hose coming out the engine. Loosen the o-ring allowing the air pipe to disconnect from the robber hose. On the other end of the pipe, press the tab to allow it to rotate off the air box, and pull the pipe out with the air filter. After 25K, my air filter was pretty dirty.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Where did you get your alignment done? I have asked my local Firestone if they can align Audis but they haven't been able to answer. Wasn't sure if there was anything special about these cars are not. Also, my Audi dealer has been on me to change out my cabin filter. I just can't justify the labor cost.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by SGMJohn
Where did you get your alignment done? I have asked my local Firestone if they can align Audis but they haven't been able to answer. Wasn't sure if there was anything special about these cars are not. Also, my Audi dealer has been on me to change out my cabin filter. I just can't justify the labor cost.
Completely off topic for this thread but I'll try and answer your question. A good wheel and tire shop should be able to do a four wheel alignment (necessary for Quattro) so long as they have the Audi procedure/spec, the proper equipment and know what they're doing. The cost at an indy should be less than the dealer (which charges about $200 as I recall). Not a bad idea if you live in the world of potholes as I do. Also if mounting new tires.

Quick Reply: A6/C7 air filter change?