Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 trunk space

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 trunk space

Hi all, my wife is pregnant and we're going to have twins! She's due in October but now is the time to start figuring out if I need to part with the A6 for something bigger. Does anyone have experience with hauling two kids (and a stroller) and if that would all fit comfortably? Specifically were looking at getting a Bugaboo donkey twin stroller and was wondering if that would even fit in the trunk? If anyone has any experience I'd love to hear! (or perhaps this forum is full of bachelors and this is not a good place to ask
Old 05-25-2015, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The truck of the A6 is by far the largest or any sedan I have owned. We have two kids and we have put in very large single stroller (Stokke with all the attachments including the oversized bassinet). After having the second child, the trunk still fit a techno MacClaren stroller plus a double Joovy stroller and room for other things. I wouldn't worry about your double stroller if the baby seats are detachable and can fit into the car seat attachment. Good luck and congrats on your twins.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Inyoury
The truck of the A6 is by far the largest or any sedan I have owned. We have two kids and we have put in very large single stroller (Stokke with all the attachments including the oversized bassinet). After having the second child, the trunk still fit a techno MacClaren stroller plus a double Joovy stroller and room for other things. I wouldn't worry about your double stroller if the baby seats are detachable and can fit into the car seat attachment. Good luck and congrats on your twins.
Thanks! And thanks for the info, do you like the Joovy? I can't believe it's so cheap it seems like a good buy!
Old 05-25-2015, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tinbad
Thanks! And thanks for the info, do you like the Joovy? I can't believe it's so cheap it seems like a good buy!
The Joovy stroller is a wonderful one for older kids 2-4 years old. You need something else for babies. Also the A6 rear seats are wider than their competitors. So you won't find too many sedans that offer that kind of room.
If you have the car seat attachment for the stroller that will be great for about 8-10 months. Then you don't need to get the bassinet for the stroller. Get lean light type of seats. You or your wife don't want to lift large things in and out of the trunk and risk scratching the bumper.

Last edited by Inyoury; 05-25-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The A6 has been very comfortable carrying our Bugaboo and infant seat in the center rear.
And i've carried two adults sitting on either side of it with no issue.
No to hijack, but this reminds me to ask another question for A7 owners..is the A7 rear 2-seat bench the exact same width as the A6? When i thought about moving to an A7, i was wondering if I could safely put the baby seat on top of the center cubby using the latches, and still have the same room on the side seats.. It would be nice to have maintain the option to put 4 adults plus baby seat in an A7 with the 2 seat bench.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

First of all, congratulations. Twins... you're going to be a busy family for the foreseeable future.

I'm a proud father of two boys (5&3) and former transporter of the sit and stand tandem double stroller. No issues for me hauling pretty much everything we've needed including a lot more than that for vacations that we've driven to. The A6 is pretty much on the money and for some utility my wife has a Lexus RX. The combo of the two is perfect for about 90% of our needs, we do take the A6 for all long trips.

The only advise I can give you about "stuff" (cars included) is that you are going to buy a lot of it and about 80% of it you will use once and never use again. Oh if I could do it all over again... Best to feel things out for awhile before changing things around.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most A7's have the 3 seat rear seat now (S7 still only the 4 seat)
Old 05-26-2015, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by cbl1
Most A7's have the 3 seat rear seat now (S7 still only the 4 seat)
Right, i'm asking specifically about the 4 seat versions.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

The best thing that you could do would be to borrow someone's stroller (and sundries) and see how well things fit. Before I purchased my 2014 A6, I took a test drive to my house and made sure that my son's hockey (goalie) equipment fit, which it did easily . As mentioned by others, the A6 trunk can handle much more than others in its class. The pass through allows the hockey sticks through while passengers sit comfortably in the rear seats.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you everyone for all the congrats and advice.

I'm definitely going to try and fit a few things in the trunk before I make any decisions. Just got the A6 less than a year ago and not planning to part. Actually been eyeing an S6 before the news came but like a6tdi said I'll be buying lots of other 'stuff' so there won't be budget for a daddy toy anytime soon we're actually lucky to have lots of family, friends, neighbors that we shouldn't need to buy too much stuff we won't need soon after.