Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A8 rims/tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A8 rims/tires

Whats up all. This may have been previously covered and I apologize if so.. but I couldn't find the info so forgive me.

I found a near new used set of rim/tires from a 2015 A8 and he's asking a reasonable price for the set. Debating on getting them to change the look up for summer. Only down I know of is the Pirelli tires.. I know guys with A8's and hate the tires. I'm mainly wondering of the fitment and if anyone has any advise? here is the link to the set--
2015 Audi A8 20" wheels and tires. Less than 160 miles!!

I appreciate any input.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Djones87
Whats up all. This may have been previously covered and I apologize if so.. but I couldn't find the info so forgive me.

I found a near new used set of rim/tires from a 2015 A8 and he's asking a reasonable price for the set. Debating on getting them to change the look up for summer. Only down I know of is the Pirelli tires.. I know guys with A8's and hate the tires. I'm mainly wondering of the fitment and if anyone has any advise? here is the link to the set--
2015 Audi A8 20" wheels and tires. Less than 160 miles!!

I appreciate any input.
Those are 265/40s...with the emphasis on "40". That tire is too tall for your car.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thank you sir. I thought it was a bit large I just wanted to make sure. What is the ideal sidewall rating for a 20'' wheel to fit the A6?
Old 04-17-2015, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Djones87
Ok thank you sir. I thought it was a bit large I just wanted to make sure. What is the ideal sidewall rating for a 20'' wheel to fit the A6?
255/35 is the correct size for that car. A265/35-20 comes on the A7 which is what I have. That would only be slightly taller and would work. You can find them for sale on the A7 wheels that look almost just like the A8s you are looking at.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In a related topic, I've got a question for all you A6 20" wheel folks as I've recently ordered a new 2016 A6 Prestige with S-Line Sports, Drivers Assistance and 20" wheels ...( Florett Silver, Nougat Brown and Glossy Dark Walnut trim though the esthetics aren't relevant here).

I'm rolling over my 3.5 year lease on a 2012 A4 for this car and also bought a 2015 A4 Prestige for my wife last August so am well familiar with the ride qualities of those cars on 245/40s with the wheelbase, chassis and width of the A4 and suspension.

When ordering the A6 (which has an ETA here at North Scottsdale of early to mid June) I had originally gone with the 19" rims and 255/40 AS tires that come with the Sports pack, but was convinced soon after that initial choice by a host of sales and service staff there whom Ive gotten to know and like over the years, and a few of my car buddies to bump up to the 20" rims which clearly help polish off the looks of the car, no question, in spite of the greater care needed to protect the rims. ( I'll get the wheel and tire protection package too for added peace of mind.)

I did take one test drive, albeit for only 15 minutes in a 2015 A6 prestige with Sports Pack and 20" wheels and while certainly it conveys a bit more road feel over bumps, there were some real handling advantages as well and so trust most people are readonably happy with their 20" choice.

I'm always pretty aware and alert to avoid rim damage in parking lots and here in Sedona Arizona, and on much of our wide flung open roads in this part of the southwest, we are not plaqued by many potholes of any size nor very rough roads, quite the opposite in much of Arizona which has relatively smooth and decent cruising highways for the most part.

My one lingering question in light of the fact that, alas, the A6 does not have an option for adaptable suspension or self regulating magnetic oil shocks option tied into Drive Select which would certainly mitigate my question and concern to a good degree, I want to be as fully up to speed on best tire choices for both 255/35/20 Summer tires (where I requested with my order that Audi choose in order of preference Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Conti Extreme Contact DW or Bridgestone Polesitters in that order of preference from Neckarsulm ... Though Im fully aware there are no promises made that my request will be honored and I'll likely wind up with what ever they are shodding on that weeks production run.

Nevertheless, what I've been told by several of the sales and service folks relative to the A6 and 20" wheels is that tire choice has a bigger impact on ride comfort and handling than wheel size per se which makes sense, but am looking for some A6 20" owners experience with both Summertires ( for future choices after running through the stock tires) and A decent reasonably quiet and forgiving AS with somewhat decent tread life as well for both winter months (we get a handful of mild to modest snows in Sedona most winters and a good deal more just 35 min north of here at Flagstaff we drive to a number of times per winter, but not often face thick snow covered roads.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Michelin PSS is a great summer tire. To me the ride quality between the PSS and the P Zero, that came with the car, was improved with the PSS. In my case now, since I track my care a few times a year, I use the PSS as my track tire the Nitto Motivo as my street tire. The Motivo is an AS tire and provides a good ride and traction considering it is an AS tire.

Last edited by jr'sAudiA6; 04-22-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks jr'sA6, good info and was not aware of the Nitto Movito AS. Will definitely look check them out. We get just enough snow in Sedona and around these parts to need at least an AS for 4 months of the year (except the last two years where we really only had one good dump last late December and literally nothing else since the '12-'13 when we had a more typical 11-12 mild to moderate snows.

In any event, the Movito sounds like a nice blend of attributes.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Or should I say Motivo dyslexic before lights out...