Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

ACC and audi braking guard:unavailable

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
I think it's in the manual, or I read it on another forum, where it says that after some distance without anything along the road or other cars in front of you the ACC will disable. It's like the computer needs to recognize objects passing by to confirm that it's still "seeing" things. It's also in the manual that snow and ice accumulating on the sensors may cause the ACC to disable but I have never seen this with rain (even lots of it on a busy road).
There is nothing in the manual's 6 pages of the ACC section stating the system will disable if no vehicles are detected after any time period. (It does mention that ice, snow, dirt, insects, etc. can prevent ACC from working properly).

ACC only senses moving vehicles that are being followed. The system will not react to stationary objects not previously followed or any other object, person or animal in or adjacent to the lane of travel such as guard rails, signs, stationary vehicles, poles, trees, etc.. Also, anything crossing in front of the direction of travel, i.e. vehicles, pedestrians, animals or oncoming traffic will not be detected. The ACC is designed to only register a followed moving vehicle and Braking Guard will activate on the tracked vehicle if that vehicle subsequently stops. It will NOT stop the car if an already stopped vehicle or any other stationary object is encountered.
It's all comprehensively described in the manual.