Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

ACC radar units stolen on S6 in 15 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
But, but, but - so you think an Audi is assembled like an Abrams tank and can't be stripped?
Get real. ****boxes from the 1990's in Japan aren't built like the ****boxes they make today. To top it all off, I was waiting for some fool to post the EKTA graphic to help the perp out with reverse engineering an actual 15 second heist.

By the way, I believe it was YOU who posted a thread about the A6 being the safest car.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by in2dwww
Get real. ****boxes from the 1990's in Japan aren't built like the ****boxes they make today. To top it all off, I was waiting for some fool to post the EKTA graphic to help the perp out with reverse engineering an actual 15 second heist.

By the way, I believe it was YOU who posted a thread about the A6 being the safest car.
The EKTA graphic shows nothing. I looked at it when I was looking up the part prices. Doesn't show how its assembled or anything.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

You get that the video is just an illustration, right? While the time may vary, I doubt it matters much how new or what brand of car it is to an experienced team of car strippers. They will get the job done faster than a master Audi tech.
It wasn't ME discussing A6 safety. In any case, I don't see a direct correlation between safety and the ability to fast-strip a car.
A crew of professional thieves probably doesn't need or use any reference materials. Different kind of dis-assembly going on here.
As I suggested before, if you have any doubts about the ability for an A6 (or any car) to be quickly picked clean, you can leave your car overnight in a bad area (as can be found in the south Bronx), to test how long it would take to have it morphed into a bare chassis. I'll pass since I've already seen a few examples of their handiwork.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I still don't understand the blind willingness to accept this story at face value with no photos, from a poster with 1 post on this entire forum.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by snagitseven
You get that the video is just an illustration, right? While the time may vary, I doubt it matters much how new or what brand of car it is to an experienced team of car strippers. They will get the job done faster than a master Audi tech.
It wasn't ME discussing A6 safety. In any case, I don't see a direct correlation between safety and the ability to fast-strip a car.
A crew of professional thieves probably doesn't need or use any reference materials. Different kind of dis-assembly going on here.
As I suggested before, if you have any doubts about the ability for an A6 (or any car) to be quickly picked clean, you can leave your car overnight in a bad area (as can be found in the south Bronx), to test how long it would take to have it morphed into a bare chassis. I'll pass since I've already seen a few examples of their handiwork.
For ****s sake. If you crash it just right, parts will fly off the car in seconds. What's the difference?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dwboston
I still don't understand the blind willingness to accept this story at face value with no photos, from a poster with 1 post on this entire forum.
Because people are stupid. You come across at least one every day, according to Lewis Black.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Well, I guess some here will have to give the OP on the S6 forum a pass (and an maybe an apology?) on his ACC theft - he has now posted photos, albeit belatedly. Unless they were removed for some other reason and he's making it up (which I doubt) that they were stolen, they clearly show they are missing. Short of posting a notarized, sworn statement, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt that it happened. Keep in mind he's new to the forum and maybe didn't understand the best form to be used for posting complete info and photos, caps and all.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2863678

Last edited by snagitseven; 03-31-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:59 PM
Banned

And now we know why. The grilles are clipped on. Pull them out, the screws are easily accessible. Unscrew them, disconnect the connector and walk away.

Thats all on Audi.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:00 PM
Banned

Well, a credible lead, indeed. Back to the drawing board for Audi. Maybe throw the next theft off by using Torx screws or rivets?
Old 03-31-2014, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Well, a credible lead, indeed. Back to the drawing board for Audi. Maybe throw the next theft off by using Torx screws or rivets?
1) Not to give Audi a total pass on this, but they do design the cars in Germany. Maybe they need a better intro to life in the States.
2) Someone here said it was hard to believe the ACC things were stolen in 15 seconds. I saw on a reputable TV show an etire car being stolen in under 30 seconds.