Amber Tail Lamp P/N's? - AudiWorld Forums



A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Amber Tail Lamp P/N's?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 255
Default Amber Tail Lamp P/N's?

Does anyone have the Part Numbers for the European Tail Lamps w/ the Amber turn signals??

I think the differentiators is the end letter, A vs. B.
NoahWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahWeb View Post
Does anyone have the Part Numbers for the European Tail Lamps w/ the Amber turn signals??

I think the differentiators is the end letter, A vs. B.
I would like to know too - I can't believe that the idiots took the "working option" off of our cars just because they think that Americans are too stupid to know how to use indicators so the color doesn't matter.
DB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #3
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 663
Default

Doesn't really matter, because US/Canadian dealers can't get them. You'd have to order them from a ROW dealer. They should be able to easily look them up.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
Doesn't really matter, because US/Canadian dealers can't get them. You'd have to order them from a ROW dealer. They should be able to easily look them up.
Tracking; want to confirm the vendor is selling the correct part prior to order.

Not sure if the call to add red vs. amber was Audi's own...there might be some pesky law dreamed up in the name of National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration to keep us safe from ourselves. Though that is speculation on my part.
NoahWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 90
Default

I also like the amber better, but was also wondering if they would be legal...
joebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 663
Default

They're legal. I have amber on my 750 and have had them on numerous other cars.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 20,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
They're legal. I have amber on my 750 and have had them on numerous other cars.
There's a thread about this (the one with the necessary re-programming I think) and if memory serves, while it's legal to have Amber turn signals, Audi's implementation isn't NHTSA-approved (aka legal).

I totally agree it's hellaciously stupid! My C5 had red, later C5s got amber, all a serious WTF in my book. NHTSA and lighting is ridiculous!
Richard Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Solomon View Post
There's a thread about this (the one with the necessary re-programming I think) and if memory serves, while it's legal to have Amber turn signals, Audi's implementation isn't NHTSA-approved (aka legal).

I totally agree it's hellaciously stupid! My C5 had red, later C5s got amber, all a serious WTF in my book. NHTSA and lighting is ridiculous!
The Tech thread is of great help!! All of the re-programming steps are in there as well. The only thing lacking are the Part Numbers.

NHTSA is just another Gov't agency which needs to go away.
NoahWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you could have your TT/TTS in any color, what would it be? SimianSpeedster TT (Mk3) Discussion 61 08-09-2016 11:16 AM
Need Help Replacing '08 Q7 Tail Light Harness fmladineo Q7 Discussion 2 10-05-2015 09:56 PM
Any link to 2003 A4 1.8T option codes ? mxp A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion 2 09-26-2015 11:15 AM
oops! rear tail light bolt nyc_bob A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion 1 09-22-2015 03:45 PM
UPGRADED TAIL LIGHTS tmac2015 A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion 3 09-20-2015 05:29 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:10 AM.