Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 268248

Default Annoying noises in the car

Hi,
I'm a new owner of the Audi A6 C7. It's a great car, but I have a very sensitive hearing and some noises annoy me. I wanted to confirm if they are standard, or maybe it's just that my car has some components that I should have replaced.

1. High pitched noise from the head unit (cd slot-in/SD card area). It's very faint, but I can hear it when the engine is off.

2. The heater blower/AC makes annoying noise when on 1st or 2nd gear. It's not the typical 'air-flow' sound, rather like a bad transistor or small engine whine.

3. The xenon lights make high-pitched noise when warming up (mainly).

4. There is quite a bit of wind noise since more or less 50-60 mph. Is that standard in this car or should something be checked/fixed?

Thanks in advance for feedback!
tadziak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 256257

Default do you have OCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadziak View Post
Hi,
I'm a new owner of the Audi A6 C7. It's a great car, but I have a very sensitive hearing and some noises annoy me. I wanted to confirm if they are standard, or maybe it's just that my car has some components that I should have replaced.

1. High pitched noise from the head unit (cd slot-in/SD card area). It's very faint, but I can hear it when the engine is off.

2. The heater blower/AC makes annoying noise when on 1st or 2nd gear. It's not the typical 'air-flow' sound, rather like a bad transistor or small engine whine.

4. There is quite a bit of wind noise since more or less 50-60 mph. Is that standard in this car or should something be checked/fixed?

Do you have an obsessive compulsive disorder?
goethe6889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 253504

These guys may be able to help

Upgrades:

* X-Pel Ultimate extended hood / fenders (approx 24"), full front bumper, headlights, mirrors and rear bumper trunk loading area
* S6 sport pedals
* DLS OA10D Subwoofer, JL XD 600/6 amp, Audio Control LCQ-1 OEM integration, six channel signal processor and equalizer, fully dynamatted rear deck where the sub is mounted
* Cocomats
* 19" Avant Garde Wheels with Pirelli All Season Tires
* For winter - 18" Elbrus I02 wheels with Michelin X-Ice XI3 tires
* Llumar Air Blue 80 Tint

* Washed with IronX Snow Soap or Chemical Guys Clear Citrus via a foaming lance
* Detailed with CQuartz, Reload, PERL, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard

Maverick61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for your valuable, friendly feedback!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 222944

Quote:
Hi,

Hello and welcome. My last hearing test the audiologist asked me if I sleep well. I said fine. I asked why. He stated I could probably hear the grass growing! I can tell you that I hear the lights igniting on all my cars, BMW,Benz and GM. I would say "normal". My car has no odd electrical noise from the head unit, maybe a little from the hard drive booting,normal, the air/fan seems normal too. However, the wind noise is a problem on mine. I blame the dealer for this, not Audi as they installed a new window track and now the car has more wind noise. I will be going to a new dealer to remedy this. I will say that the passenger side seems to have noise from the mirror. I tried blowing low pressure air near and around the rear mirror assy. and can hear noise by the directional light insert and the drain hole. When the weather clears I will tape up these areas for a test drive and report back.
DER KONIG PANZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Thank you for your valuable, friendly feedback!
Were you serious about your post though? Just wasn't sure. Did not mean to offend if u took it that way. Cheers!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goethe6889 View Post
Were you serious about your post though? Just wasn't sure. Did not mean to offend if u took it that way. Cheers!
Naah, it's okay I was a bit upset, because for me those were really some 'issues' I spent a lot of money on the new car that I will be paying off for the next 3 years and in some ways it seems more noisy than my VW CC (wind noise around mirros). In general I hate noise and if something is my car only specific then I will complain about it. If it's a common feature for this model then I will just have to live with it
Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member

Perfectly understandable. =o) Welcome to the forum, am new here as well.
Cold Weather
LED Headlights
Side Assist
Old 10-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #9
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 165169

Quote:
Originally Posted by goethe6889 View Post
Do you have an obsessive compulsive disorder?
fyi, i do have OCD when i first have the car. I wouldn't park in jam packed area. i would look for the most minor scratches and try fixing it..but most of the time, i put more scratches trying to fix it..... until today, i still have OCD, but not to that extend.
fEArmE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 136464

Quote:
Naah, it's okay I was a bit upset, because for me those were really some 'issues' I spent a lot of money on the new car that I will be paying off for the next 3 years and in some ways it seems more noisy than my VW CC (wind noise around mirros). In general I hate noise and if something is my car only specific then I will complain about it. If it's a common feature for this model then I will just have to live with it
That is what your friendly dealership is for. Or the salesperson who sold you the car. They will be the first 2 to raise your concerns. Nothing we can do here except to offer suggestions (like this one) and moral support. Good luck.

2013 Audi S6, Phantom, 20", Innovation, CW, Full LED, Carbon Fiber, Sunshades, Rear Airbags, Black headliner (Delivery - Jan 5, 2013)
2010 Audi Q7 TDI Prestige, Orca, 20", CW, Rear Airbags, Tow Package, InVision Entertainment
2008 Audi S5 V8, Brilliant, Manual, Nav Plus, Tech Package, B&O, Carbon Fiber - SOLD Nov '12
2003 Infiniti FX35 - Black, AWD, 20", Xenons, LED Tails, Nav Package, Rear DVD Entertainment, Adaptive Cruise Control

2001 BMW X5 - Silver - SOLD
2000 Audi A4 - Silver - SOLD
1998 BMW E39 M5 - Carbon Black, MT, Xenons - SOLD
1997 BMW E36 M3, Sapphire Black, Auto, 4-door - SOLD
1996 BMW E36 M3, Avus Blue, MT - SOLD
1995 BMW E36 M3, Dakar Yellow, MT - SOLD
1994 BMW 525i - SOLD
1992 BWW 323i - SOLD
s5blitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8