Annoying noises in the car - AudiWorld Forums



A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Annoying noises in the car

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 11
Default Annoying noises in the car

Hi,
I'm a new owner of the Audi A6 C7. It's a great car, but I have a very sensitive hearing and some noises annoy me. I wanted to confirm if they are standard, or maybe it's just that my car has some components that I should have replaced.

1. High pitched noise from the head unit (cd slot-in/SD card area). It's very faint, but I can hear it when the engine is off.

2. The heater blower/AC makes annoying noise when on 1st or 2nd gear. It's not the typical 'air-flow' sound, rather like a bad transistor or small engine whine.

3. The xenon lights make high-pitched noise when warming up (mainly).

4. There is quite a bit of wind noise since more or less 50-60 mph. Is that standard in this car or should something be checked/fixed?

Thanks in advance for feedback!
tadziak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 60
Default do you have OCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadziak View Post
Hi,
I'm a new owner of the Audi A6 C7. It's a great car, but I have a very sensitive hearing and some noises annoy me. I wanted to confirm if they are standard, or maybe it's just that my car has some components that I should have replaced.

1. High pitched noise from the head unit (cd slot-in/SD card area). It's very faint, but I can hear it when the engine is off.

2. The heater blower/AC makes annoying noise when on 1st or 2nd gear. It's not the typical 'air-flow' sound, rather like a bad transistor or small engine whine.

3. The xenon lights make high-pitched noise when warming up (mainly).

4. There is quite a bit of wind noise since more or less 50-60 mph. Is that standard in this car or should something be checked/fixed?

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Do you have an obsessive compulsive disorder?
goethe6889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 602
Default

These guys may be able to help

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BMPcuZZgmtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Maverick61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 11
Default

Thank you for your valuable, friendly feedback!
tadziak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
AudiWorld Member
 
DER KONIG PANZER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadziak View Post
Hi,
I'm a new owner of the Audi A6 C7. It's a great car, but I have a very sensitive hearing and some noises annoy me. I wanted to confirm if they are standard, or maybe it's just that my car has some components that I should have replaced.

1. High pitched noise from the head unit (cd slot-in/SD card area). It's very faint, but I can hear it when the engine is off.

2. The heater blower/AC makes annoying noise when on 1st or 2nd gear. It's not the typical 'air-flow' sound, rather like a bad transistor or small engine whine.

3. The xenon lights make high-pitched noise when warming up (mainly).

4. There is quite a bit of wind noise since more or less 50-60 mph. Is that standard in this car or should something be checked/fixed?

Thanks in advance for feedback!
Hello and welcome. My last hearing test the audiologist asked me if I sleep well. I said fine. I asked why. He stated I could probably hear the grass growing! I can tell you that I hear the lights igniting on all my cars, BMW,Benz and GM. I would say "normal". My car has no odd electrical noise from the head unit, maybe a little from the hard drive booting,normal, the air/fan seems normal too. However, the wind noise is a problem on mine. I blame the dealer for this, not Audi as they installed a new window track and now the car has more wind noise. I will be going to a new dealer to remedy this. I will say that the passenger side seems to have noise from the mirror. I tried blowing low pressure air near and around the rear mirror assy. and can hear noise by the directional light insert and the drain hole. When the weather clears I will tape up these areas for a test drive and report back.
DER KONIG PANZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadziak View Post
Thank you for your valuable, friendly feedback!
Were you serious about your post though? Just wasn't sure. Did not mean to offend if u took it that way. Cheers!
goethe6889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goethe6889 View Post
Were you serious about your post though? Just wasn't sure. Did not mean to offend if u took it that way. Cheers!
Naah, it's okay I was a bit upset, because for me those were really some 'issues' I spent a lot of money on the new car that I will be paying off for the next 3 years and in some ways it seems more noisy than my VW CC (wind noise around mirros). In general I hate noise and if something is my car only specific then I will complain about it. If it's a common feature for this model then I will just have to live with it
tadziak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 60
Default

Perfectly understandable. =o) Welcome to the forum, am new here as well.
goethe6889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
AudiWorld Member
 
fEArmE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goethe6889 View Post
Do you have an obsessive compulsive disorder?
fyi, i do have OCD when i first have the car. I wouldn't park in jam packed area. i would look for the most minor scratches and try fixing it..but most of the time, i put more scratches trying to fix it..... until today, i still have OCD, but not to that extend.
fEArmE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadziak View Post
Naah, it's okay I was a bit upset, because for me those were really some 'issues' I spent a lot of money on the new car that I will be paying off for the next 3 years and in some ways it seems more noisy than my VW CC (wind noise around mirros). In general I hate noise and if something is my car only specific then I will complain about it. If it's a common feature for this model then I will just have to live with it
That is what your friendly dealership is for. Or the salesperson who sold you the car. They will be the first 2 to raise your concerns. Nothing we can do here except to offer suggestions (like this one) and moral support. Good luck.
s5blitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audi A6 FS: 370mm Alcon / Stasis Front Big Brake Kit! Allroad BBK N'Syncro Parts For Sale 12 01-24-2017 04:46 PM
Why I hate NJ's numbnuts rules... carl viking A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion 34 08-22-2016 08:44 PM
Long-term Hawk LTS Users - Any Squeal? C6Silver Q7 Discussion 15 02-23-2016 01:45 PM
overboosting tvelasquez1 2.0T FSI Discussion 0 09-01-2015 08:35 PM
Got an A7, wanna ask some questions :) zhaoweitian A7 2 09-01-2015 04:15 PM


Tags
making, noise, steering, tight, wheel, wound

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:55 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send