Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Another Coding Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another Coding Question

We're beginning to think our new 2016 Audi A6 Prestige 3.0 Quattro is a bit haunted. We just found out that Audi claims the loss of radio volume when Reverse is engaged cannot be turned off. My wife (her car) finds this very annoying. Would anyone know the coding to defeat this feature? I would love to be able to have that corrected at the same time we permanently kill the start/stop.

We are still hoping to find a way to stop the radio from changing its own volume during other operations. Audi tech support is doing "research". The dealer doesn't know a solution. The car resets its volume to inaudible when it's turned off/restarted. We turned off the Bose Auto Pilot (which replaced GALA this year) on Settings menu, but that didn't do the trick.

Love the powertrain, chassis, interior, exterior, etc., but the technology has run amok...but as I said, she picked it, and she didn't think to ask about these details during the very impressive test drive.

Thanks for any detailed advice!

Last edited by Sportstick; 08-03-2015 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 108 Posts

The radio volume mutes when reverse is engaged to allow you to hear the proximity warning beeps from the sensors. How much time does your wife spend in reverse?
As to the other occasions that your volume reduces, I have no clue.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Aviator6
The radio volume mutes when reverse is engaged to allow you to hear the proximity warning beeps from the sensors. How much time does your wife spend in reverse?
As to the other occasions that your volume reduces, I have no clue.
Thank you for your reply and I understand your point about amount of time in Reverse. But, after taking Audi tech support and dealer 4 days and two visits to make Audi connect work, start/stop going into failure mode and shutting off the engine requiring Park and manual restart on highway bumper to bumper traffic, resetting volume to zero on restart - all in the first week of ownership - it's more the frustration and principal of loss of autonomy. The technology feels out of control to her and I'm trying to eliminate as many irritants as possible. Maybe after these "teething pains" pass, more accommodation will occur, but it hasn't been a good introduction purely based on technology feature performance. As I said, all else is excellent.

(PS...our other German brand car doesn't change radio volume in Reverse and the parking assist beeper is easily heard).
Old 08-04-2015, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 108 Posts

I do understand your concerns. It seems to me that the desire to incorporate the absolute latest in Hi-tech has gotten out of control. The manufacturers are proceeding at such a rate that the dealer techs and sales people seem to have been left behind. I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy, but I find myself a bit overwhelmed by it, at times.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't need any coding to "resolve" the lowered volume in reverse. Just change the setting in the MMI. It's under Parking Aid > Entertainment Volume. Turn it all the way to the right and the volume won't drop.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
You don't need any coding to "resolve" the lowered volume in reverse. Just change the setting in the MMI. It's under Parking Aid > Entertainment Volume. Turn it all the way to the right and the volume won't drop.
Thank you!!! I will try that tonight!😀
Old 08-05-2015, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Jason,

Thank you again....it worked! The really interesting part is that Audi Technical Support said this was a permanent feature and could not be disabled! Appreciate your advice!
Old 08-05-2015, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportstick
Jason,

Thank you again....it worked! The really interesting part is that Audi Technical Support said this was a permanent feature and could not be disabled! Appreciate your advice!
Well, technically it can't be turned off. What you're doing is setting the volume reduction to 0% from the default of 80-90%.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, technically it can't be turned off. What you're doing is setting the volume reduction to 0% from the default of 80-90%.
Close enough! Clearly, you know more about this than they do. Two of them went out to sit in a company car at their office to try it out and came back to say nothing can be done. Hard to blame them though...they only know as much as they've been trained.

Thanks again!
Old 08-05-2015, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree about the dealer staff and customer/tech support. They haven't the clue about most items of the vehicle.

I had a few questions and i found them online, the support and dealer was clueless.

Problem is lack of education/training for their staff, this is not limited to audi but all other manufacturers as well.