Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 279585

Default Another newbie question

Greetings, can I get some feedback on the rear seat curtain option? Worthwhile or a waste of $$.
C21bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #2
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 228393

Quote:
Originally Posted by C21bill View Post
Greetings, can I get some feedback on the rear seat curtain option? Worthwhile or a waste of $$.
Just get some good tint. The rear window shade rattles with the bass coming through the rear deck speakers. Just my opinion.

Order in - 2015 911 GT3
mwar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwar99 View Post
Just get some good tint. The rear window shade rattles with the bass coming through the rear deck speakers. Just my opinion.
Thanks Mwar!
Old 03-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 273382

Quote:
Originally Posted by C21bill View Post
I have the rear sunshade and have no problem with it rattling. I personally love it, along with the manual side sunshades that come with it. I would buy it again in a second.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:09 PM   #5
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightCrawler View Post
I have the rear sunshade and have no problem with it rattling.
Mine definitely rattles with the bass. But in the '14 models Audi moved the subwoofer to the spare tire well so maybe it's no longer an issue.
2010 S4, 6-spd, Meteor Gray, Prestige, Sport Diff, Strat shifter, H&R Rear Sway -- SOLD
2000 S4, 6-spd, Brilliant Black, Stg3 & other goodies -- SOLD

OEM Audi Wheel Page

RobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 273803

I have it, and I've had it on my last car too. On the last car in two years I've used it a whopping two times, and this was only to show off to my friends that I have the option. On my audi, so far I've used this twice as well ... also to show off to my friends that I have this option.

If I had the option to order it individually, I would not get it. Its pointless.
Just my two cents.
Superfly_A6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:01 AM   #7
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 273391

If you like tint then no need for shades. If you like the option of using or not using then go for the shades. The only problem with tint is that you cannot remove the benefit at night when you want the lighter interior. I used the rear shade in the day for sunshade and at night to filter rear headlights but every time I would put it in reverse it would lower the shade and I had to manually raise it again. I am not sure that this is the operational mode of the Audi as my last car was an Acura RL.
Having said that, I had shades before and used them all of the time but on my new A6 I got it tinted.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:37 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 266118

Had the rear sunshade in my 09 VW CC. When I built my '14, I added the option. Only $500 and I use it frequently during day driving. When raining I usually lower it. The side shades I leave in the up position and I have full tint. It adds to the interior niceness IMO. Would definitely add it to my next vehicle.
BigDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:13 AM   #9
Audiworld Junior Member

Seems like the folks with the B&O sound system have the rattling rear shade syndrome. I guess the way to go is order either shades or B&O but not both.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 228393

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB22 View Post
If you like tint then no need for shades. If you like the option of using or not using then go for the shades. The only problem with tint is that you cannot remove the benefit at night when you want the lighter interior. I used the rear shade in the day for sunshade and at night to filter rear headlights but every time I would put it in reverse it would lower the shade and I had to manually raise it again. I am not sure that this is the operational mode of the Audi as my last car was an Acura RL.
Having said that, I had shades before and used them all of the time but on my new A6 I got it tinted.
I believe there may be an option in the MMI regarding the rear shade, don't recall if it is to keep it from moving while in reverse, or to have it go back up when you start driving forward.

Order in - 2015 911 GT3
mwar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement