Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Any other upgrades after APR Stage 2?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 11:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any other upgrades after APR Stage 2?

Got my 2012 3.0T tuned a while ago and wondered if there were any other must do mods that I was missing?

I was thinking I should do the Eibach lowering spring kit as the power seems to overwhelm the suspension as it is today - when I am accelerating hard the car shifts weight to the rear / and also gets squirrely when changing lanes under acceleration.

I thought I read something about a bypass valve upgrade but that may be for turbos engines.

Any input would be appreciated. I am not a fan of the 1-2 shift lag but I don't think there's anything that can be done about that?
Old 08-27-2016, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Personally I always get suspension & brakes sorted out first then increase power. However, my opinion is based on 32 years of modding sportbikes not cars. Just my 2 cents worth........
Old 08-27-2016, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You didn't directly answer but I understand what you meant. For me, raw power comes first, then I decide what I want from there. I don't usually do more than straight line acceleration but at times I would like better stability in turns.

BTW - My background is 500 cubic inch Mopar V8s.

Old 08-29-2016, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Funny, seeing each other's backgrounds above and how they relate to their Audi's today. I have a few track days in my past on sport bikes as well as some muscle car experience. Along with My Unitronic Stage 2 setup I installed Eurocode swaybars front and rear. I also installed the various transmission and rear differential bushing inserts that are available from Eurocode. I have the sport suspension from the factory and do not want to lower the car further. I have the sways set on the softer of the two settings and very happy with the current setup.

FastLane
'12 A6 Quattro Prestige 3.0T
Old 08-29-2016, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After I get the APR, my goal is to look at exhaust, intake, and sway bar
Old 08-29-2016, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
Personally I always get suspension & brakes sorted out first then increase power. However, my opinion is based on 32 years of modding sportbikes not cars. Just my 2 cents worth........
+1

Originally Posted by TimMoffett

I was thinking I should do the Eibach lowering spring kit as the power seems to overwhelm the suspension as it is today - when I am accelerating hard the car shifts weight to the rear / and also gets squirrely when changing lanes under acceleration.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding... you lead me to believe your hesitant to upgrade to aftermarket suspension because current stronger HP build overwhelms stock suspension? Or is your suspension already modified?

Stock suspension is not engineered to handle the newfound HP you built. We're all now just custom engineering
I have adjustable sway bars.. and have changed setting on these twice now based on the way the car's handling has changed with the increase in power, change in tire sizes, lowered center of gravity...etc. Learning to dial-in this suspension myself as I go.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have not done the suspension but it's next on my list. Trying to decide which is more important lowering springs or sway bar upgrades...

My gut tells me that springs should be first, but I do like the softer ride otherwise.

My F250 has less body roll than my A6 - WTF! :-)
Old 08-31-2016, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

For what it's worth... in my opinion I vote for sway bar first over springs.

I upgraded to adjustable sway bar with stock springs and my problem of under steer was corrected immediately. The car handled WAY BETTER!! Like Day and Night.

My car changed from horrible under steer where I could not take fast corners to being able to take these same corners at higher speeds with more confidence and more control.

Nobody Panic... just my 2 cents.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

What is both your opinion on the Stage 2 upgrade from APR for the 3.0T?