Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Any vag-com settings for these?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any vag-com settings for these?

I've looked through the VAG-COM thread and didn't see these listed. Anyone know if there are settings for these:

1) ACC increments set to 1 mph vs standard 2.5 mph

2) ACC default distance to 1 vs standard 3

3) Ability to allow doors to be locked with engine running after you've left car with key (I do this when picking up my daughter from daycare - it was 107 yesterday and the car had finally cooled the interior!)

Similarly, is there a standard cruise mode (not ACC, both my Toyota & Jeep with ACC have standard mode).

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'd love to find out if the doors can be locked while the car is running. Bimmers have this feature, very useful.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve95628
I've looked through the VAG-COM thread and didn't see these listed. Anyone know if there are settings for these:

2) ACC default distance to 1 vs standard 3

Similarly, is there a standard cruise mode (not ACC, both my Toyota & Jeep with ACC have standard mode).
For #2, do the following:
From the Auto distance regulation module 13, Adaptation, Channel 7, change 0 to 1
An option will appear in MMI (in the ACC section) that will allow you to define the default following distance.

I've wondered about your last question as well. Have you tried turning ACC off in MMI and then setting your speed like normal cruise control?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
For #2, do the following:
An option will appear in MMI (in the ACC section) that will allow you to define the default following distance.
Cool! I'll give this a try.

I've wondered about your last question as well. Have you tried turning ACC off in MMI and then setting your speed like normal cruise control?
Not sure - I looked through the owners manual and saw nothing about non-ACC mode. Traveling until Thursday but will check it out then. Thanks!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Steve95628
I'm curious about the motivation here - I too thought I'd want this, but in a week of driving with ACC I'm not sure I see where non-ACC cruise would be different/better? I'm all in favor of more choices, but ACC was less annoying than I expected Certainly has a "learning curve" to drive so it doesn't do annoying things, but I was definitely liking it.

I didn't think to try what Deerhunter suggests, so I'll be interested to hear your results!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
I'm curious about the motivation here - I too thought I'd want this, but in a week of driving with ACC I'm not sure I see where non-ACC cruise would be different/better? I'm all in favor of more choices, but ACC was less annoying than I expected Certainly has a "learning curve" to drive so it doesn't do annoying things, but I was definitely liking it.
I'm a big fan of ACC as well. The only reason I would be interested in the standard mode is during those rare occasions when ACC is unavailable (when driving into a setting sun, for instance). I find that it's hard to maintain a set speed with the throttle at highway speeds (it tends to creep).
Old 06-10-2014, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I would be interested in the standard mode is during those rare occasions when ACC is unavailable (when driving into a setting sun, for instance).
Ahhh gotcha, I'd read about ACC going offline (e.g. after long periods of no traffic) but I haven't experienced it - that does make lots of sense, and making the changeover through MMI wouldn't be too painful in those circumstances.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Ahhh gotcha, I'd read about ACC going offline (e.g. after long periods of no traffic) but I haven't experienced it - that does make lots of sense, and making the changeover through MMI wouldn't be too painful in those circumstances.
I've had ACC in vehicles since 2008 and have found on occasion it's worth changing to standard if the sensors are overly dirty or blocked by something (snow). It's less of a problem with radar based systems. On our '08 Sienna with a laser based system it was necessary to change it to standard mode even in very bright head-on sunlight at times. But on that car it was usually just because the lens was dirty.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like the ACC feature, but I could see the value in having some sort of "standard" cruise control without the car keeping it's distance. For the most part ACC does a good job, but there are times where I feel that the braking modulation is a bit aggressive.

As is stands today, when I have ACC on, I will flick the stalk forward to cancel it when I can see that I'm coming up on traffic. While the ACC is incredibly intelligent at adapting, it can't do it smoother than how I would do it by slowing the car naturally without the braking.

Let's face it -- our brakes aren't cheap. I do everything within my power to save my brakes.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lnferno
I really like the ACC feature, but I could see the value in having some sort of "standard" cruise control without the car keeping it's distance. For the most part ACC does a good job, but there are times where I feel that the braking modulation is a bit aggressive.

As is stands today, when I have ACC on, I will flick the stalk forward to cancel it when I can see that I'm coming up on traffic. While the ACC is incredibly intelligent at adapting, it can't do it smoother than how I would do it by slowing the car naturally without the braking.

Let's face it -- our brakes aren't cheap. I do everything within my power to save my brakes.
You can adjust the aggressive braking by selecting "Comfort".
The issue I have is that the ACC will be set to 70 and it will follow a car for miles but then I realize that we are both only doing 55 MPH! If I had the choice, there are occasions where the regular Cruise control would not slow down and I would therefore just overtake the car in front.
If you display the ACC then the radar recognizes a car long before it slows down and you can see that when the recognized car pointer gets closer to the target. Just overtake long before it reaches the point where it starts to slow down.
The intelligence of CC or ACC could be greatly enhanced with the brake light recognition system. Also, recognition of turn signals by the ACC would help too (which is another good reason why turn signals should be amber and not the same red as lights and brake lights).

Quick Reply: Any vag-com settings for these?