Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Any vag-com settings for these?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lnferno
They just said that there was a firmware update for the instrument cluster that needed to be updated and they applied the latest/greatest.
Hmmm, seems like an Auto-scan before and after every dealer visit should be on my (and everyone's) plan....

If you wouldn't mind, please do an auto-scan now and email it to me (PM for address) - I'd like to compare with my 04/14 build.

The option is there in MMI under the central locking section and I have all of them switched to ON, but it's just not working with the remote.
I'd try this:
-undo the coding
-reboot MMI
-confirm no remote options
-redo the coding
-reboot MMI
-turn on remote options
-close all doors and try window down with remote

As a note on the C5, the windows-with-remote-feature doesn't work if any door is open - dunno about the C7 as I didn't have a chance to code this before giving up the car for shipment.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Hmmm, seems like an Auto-scan before and after every dealer visit should be on my (and everyone's) plan....

If you wouldn't mind, please do an auto-scan now and email it to me (PM for address) - I'd like to compare with my 04/14 build.

I'd try this:
-undo the coding
-reboot MMI
-confirm no remote options
-redo the coding
-reboot MMI
-turn on remote options
-close all doors and try window down with remote

As a note on the C5, the windows-with-remote-feature doesn't work if any door is
Tried those exact steps -- didn't work. I sent you a PM. I have the auto scan results.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Tried those exact steps -- didn't work. I sent you a PM. I have the auto scan results.
Crap YGPM in reply. Thanks!

ETA: Did you ever run an auto-scan before? VCDS would have saved it too I think - would be *REALLY* interesting to know what the car looked like pre-update...
Old 06-16-2014, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Crap YGPM in reply. Thanks!

ETA: Did you ever run an auto-scan before? VCDS would have saved it too I think - would be *REALLY* interesting to know what the car looked like pre-update...
I scanned it when I bought it just to check for any fault codes, but since it was all clear (no faults), I didn't end up saving it, unfortunately.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I scanned it when I bought it just to check for any fault codes, but since it was all clear (no faults), I didn't end up saving it, unfortunately.
Bummer - how many dealers has the car been to? I see two different WSCs (WorkShop Codes) beyond the factory one.... Looks like your: Engine, Immobilizer maybe? ("Acc/Start Auth.") were done by one, then Instruments, Central Convenience, MMI were done by another.

So it DOES look like your Central Convenience was changed.... possibly this visit.

Just to be excruciatingly clear - you tried recoding 46 Central Convenience *BACK* to the non-remote setting?
Old 06-16-2014, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just to be excruciatingly clear - you tried recoding 46 Central Convenience *BACK* to the non-remote setting?
Yes. I tried going 100% back to the original programming, rebooting MMI, to no avail. I also tried activating Byte 2 Bit 3. When this was working originally, before this last dealer update, I didn't have that selected and the window up/down worked perfectly. So, I've tried it both ways by activating bit 2 and bit 2 + bit 3. Every time I re-code, I reboot MMI just to be sure/safe. It doesn't matter what combination I try now, it just doesn't want to take....and just to be clear, I DO see the options in MMI under the central locking and they are ON, but it doesn't work.