Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Any VAG-COM vets in the Seattle area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any VAG-COM vets in the Seattle area?

Any fellow AWers in the Seattle area want to meet up to train a new-found Audi enthusiast in the ways of the VCDS? I've had my A6 for 4 months now and it's quickly become my favorite car that I've owned. I think I want to dive into doing some mods and hoping to learn a bit from someone with experience. Should I start off by getting a Ross-Tech cable, or is it best to poke around first with someone with experience before I take it on solo?

There's a local company that does it that I found on FB, but I doubt they'd want to take any extra time to teach me and they charge an $80 fee just to hook you up, then $10 for every mod, regardless of what it is. Seems like a bit of gouging, and I know the guys in the AW community would have a much more karmic approach. Hell, I'll bring a growler(s) of some local craft beer that you can take home as a 'thanks'.

Ready to get rid of those awful orange corner markers, amongst other things!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I do not have the cable but have the free software installed. When I need to do a change I usually meet with one of the locals and all gets sorted rather fast. If you feel like you are going to get a good use of the cable and end up buying one, software is pretty easy to figure out. You can do some real damage but not if you are cautious...
If you end up buying the cable--gimme a shout and we can potentially meet. I'll show you the software and walk you through some of the changes. I'm in Ravenna.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Is it you that joins me on I-5 south at the Convention Center at about 6 to 6:45am some mornings?
Old 01-19-2015, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Cool thanks for the info - yes I definitely want to be cautious since it'd be brand new software to me. Let me know if you end up hearing from any other guys that want to meet up as well.

I might have seen you from time to time on I-5 near the conv center - I come from up in Bothell so I'm on I-5 every morning, not usually as early as 645 though...I work in the tech industry so no one really gets started that early haha
Old 01-19-2015, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Mechanical Engineer here and I love the amount of traffic that time of the day That's about the main reason for the 6:30am-3:00pm work day.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Seattlite_A6C7
Any fellow AWers in the Seattle area want to meet up to train a new-found Audi enthusiast in the ways of the VCDS? I've had my A6 for 4 months now and it's quickly become my favorite car that I've owned. I think I want to dive into doing some mods and hoping to learn a bit from someone with experience. Should I start off by getting a Ross-Tech cable, or is it best to poke around first with someone with experience before I take it on solo?

There's a local company that does it that I found on FB, but I doubt they'd want to take any extra time to teach me and they charge an $80 fee just to hook you up, then $10 for every mod, regardless of what it is. Seems like a bit of gouging, and I know the guys in the AW community would have a much more karmic approach. Hell, I'll bring a growler(s) of some local craft beer that you can take home as a 'thanks'.

Ready to get rid of those awful orange corner markers, amongst other things!
PM me and I'd be more than happy to help I'm on the east side, but have been using vagcom for many years and always willing to help out a fellow AW'r 🍺
Old 01-20-2015, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Raj is a great guy and is very knowledgeable
Old 01-20-2015, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Raj is a great guy and is very knowledgeable
Thanks Kevin. BTW, how's the TDI treating you? Hopefully no where near the maintenance history of the C6 Keep up the great contributions and I'm still espousing the value of the KB (knowledge base) you compiled via Audi A6 TSB List
Old 01-21-2015, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
Thanks Kevin. BTW, how's the TDI treating you? Hopefully no where near the maintenance history of the C6 Keep up the great contributions and I'm still espousing the value of the KB (knowledge base) you compiled via Audi A6 TSB List
The TDI is doing great. She has 7k miles and the only issue has been water in a tail light unit, which Audi replaced. But she lacks the exhaust note of my old 4.2! Hope that all is well with you.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Where do you buy this vag com from? Can someone point me yo a website or something?

Quick Reply: Any VAG-COM vets in the Seattle area?