Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

APR 3.0 TDI ECU Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR 3.0 TDI ECU Upgrade

Anyone done this?

If you have and don't want to post in the open forum please send me a PM with your results.

Thanks..
Old 07-22-2015, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have not but have considered it. What scares me (a tad) is that it brings torque up to 479 ft/lb. The ZF tranny we have in our TDI's have a max torque rating of 480 and stock we have 428...

That and the fact that it will automatically get flagged TD1 the moment any overzealous tech ignores my request and plugs the car in. Somehow, I don't think a bit moar powah is worth loosing the remaining 4 years of wty I have...
Old 07-22-2015, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ya. I thought about that as well. I think I'm probably good with the service guys just need to talk to them first. Also I have the maint package so the car gets taken care of for a long time so that is something I need to consider as well just in case they hook it up.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DSL_PWR
Ya. I thought about that as well. I think I'm probably good with the service guys just need to talk to them first. Also I have the maint package so the car gets taken care of for a long time so that is something I need to consider as well just in case they hook it up.
Same here (maintenance package). There is a GIAC and a Uni tune, I believe, that is a bit more mild (about 460ish). But I think I will pass on it; it's plenty fast as it is now.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stage I APR is pretty weak. I believe mine gained about 10hp when dyno'd. Stage II is where it's at. Went up to 460ish hp.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dshahs420
Stage I APR is pretty weak. I believe mine gained about 10hp when dyno'd. Stage II is where it's at. Went up to 460ish hp.
We're talking TDI, not TFSI
Old 07-22-2015, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

I exchanged emails with APR earlier this week regarding the tune for the TDI and they scared the hell out of me. I emailed them seeking clarification that the tune was for a U.S. Spec TDI since the stock numbers they listed did not match the stock numbers for the U.S. TDI in the A6. They responded that the tune must be for the U.S. Spec car since the TDI was not offered anywhere else in the world! I was flabbergasted. I went from handing them my credit card to running away from them. They clearly have no clue when it comes to the TDI.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
I exchanged emails with APR earlier this week regarding the tune for the TDI and they scared the hell out of me. I emailed them seeking clarification that the tune was for a U.S. Spec TDI since the stock numbers they listed did not match the stock numbers for the U.S. TDI in the A6. They responded that the tune must be for the U.S. Spec car since the TDI was not offered anywhere else in the world! I was flabbergasted. I went from handing them my credit card to running away from them. They clearly have no clue when it comes to the TDI.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....... Who did you email? I'd like to send them my own email and see if I get the same answer.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by McFuzz
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....... Who did you email? I'd like to send them my own email and see if I get the same answer.
I clicked on the "contact" link on the APR site. The email exchange was ridiculous. APR lost me as a customer.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well I called them yesterday to get some general info and was taken aback myself with the lack of knowledge and canned responses that I got. Might have to either try again and see if I can get someone else with better answers.

Hopefully the person I talked to yesterday just had a case of the Monday's on Wednesday..

Quick Reply: APR 3.0 TDI ECU Upgrade