Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

APR Stage 1 thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APR Stage 1 thoughts?

Hi Guys, I have been reading more and more about this APR stage 1 ECU flash. Does it really bump this car to 425 HP and 364ft Tq?? That seems almost to good to be true. Anyone have this done and what can you tell me about it? If this is true, seems like a no brainer, this machine would absolutely fly!
Old 12-14-2015, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MNAudiA6
Hi Guys, I have been reading more and more about this APR stage 1 ECU flash. Does it really bump this car to 425 HP and 364ft Tq?? That seems almost to good to be true. Anyone have this done and what can you tell me about it? If this is true, seems like a no brainer, this machine would absolutely fly!
It's true I have stag e 1 and mow stage 2 I run 12.3 quarter mile consistently, the car is a absolute beast. Save and go right to stage 2 you will kick yourself later if you don't. I can sell us the pulley removal tool. You will need it.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Do you think it beats the car up any?

How much did you pay for 1 and or 2?

Why do you need a pulley removal tool? don't they do the install etc..?

If stage one is 425hp, your looking 450+ with stage 2?

Have you ever had the dealership detect the ECU flash or do you get it reflashed to stock before you go in?
Old 12-15-2015, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MNAudiA6
Do you think it beats the car up any?

How much did you pay for 1 and or 2?

Why do you need a pulley removal tool? don't they do the install etc..?

If stage one is 425hp, your looking 450+ with stage 2?

Have you ever had the dealership detect the ECU flash or do you get it reflashed to stock before you go in?
Bro only you can beat your car up,i have 90,000 miles and i get better mileage with the 2 tunes. I wasted money doing the stage 1 first , stage 2 cost me 2000 plus the apr dealer made me purchase the tools cost like a extra $150.00. Just go straight to stage 2, Pretty much torch every camaro ss, challenger srt, mustang gt and the new corvette barely nips me. Remember you have zero traction issues that car just hooks up and goes. On the highway passing is intoxicating. Faster than my neighbors 2015 S6 , but if he got his tuned he would destroy me.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Wow...it is very enticing at this point. I have done some reading about the dreaded TD1 code if the dealer finds out you had reprogrammed the ECU. Did you ever take yours in under warranty after flashing back to stock? wondering if it really flys under the radar as APR claims.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by dougpaper
Bro only you can beat your car up,i have 90,000 miles and i get better mileage with the 2 tunes. I wasted money doing the stage 1 first , stage 2 cost me 2000 plus the apr dealer made me purchase the tools cost like a extra $150.00. Just go straight to stage 2, Pretty much torch every camaro ss, challenger srt, mustang gt and the new corvette barely nips me. Remember you have zero traction issues that car just hooks up and goes. On the highway passing is intoxicating. Faster than my neighbors 2015 S6 , but if he got his tuned he would destroy me.
Damn I just went and read about the stage 2 on the APR web site and you got me all wet!!!
Old 12-15-2015, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it wasn't for my existing warranty, I would have Stage 1 & 2 done. Local dealer quoted $2K, before the APR sale...might be cheaper now. I'm just too scared, until I hit 100-120k miles.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Don't these ECU tunes end a warranty? That's the only reason i would not get one.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by aviatorblue3.0
Don't these ECU tunes end a warranty? That's the only reason i would not get one.

FWIW I was talking with the service advisor at my local dealer. Very nice/knowledgeable fellow. I was in for the first oil change in my /15 3.0T and noticed they had the car hooked up to a laptop. Among other things he told me that if car is chipped/tuned dealer will know it and this voids warranty. For me my A6 is quick enough. If I needed faster I'd upgrade to the S6.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Acuransx
FWIW I was talking with the service advisor at my local dealer. Very nice/knowledgeable fellow. I was in for the first oil change in my /15 3.0T and noticed they had the car hooked up to a laptop. Among other things he told me that if car is chipped/tuned dealer will know it and this voids warranty. For me my A6 is quick enough. If I needed faster I'd upgrade to the S6.
That's why I won't be doing it even though more is better and too much is just right

Quick Reply: APR Stage 1 thoughts?