Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi A6 TAILIGHTS DECODED

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kdagher
Unfortunately no, the only way is to open the taillights and replace the circuit.. It's almost impossible to open the tailights without cracking them
So this issue is only with the outer lights? The inners are wired the same as Euro? So if one didn't care about the amber and just wanted the separate blinkers I would have to source just the outer lenses?
Old 09-27-2016, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 537playing
Excuse me for my question, but changing the codes via VagCom is not an issue for me, but do I need to change the tail lights assembly?
I have the same question and see that it wasn't answered. Do we have to install the EU lamps for this coding to work?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 09-29-2016, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kdagher
YES it is possible to Seperate the brake and the turn signal ONLY in the INNER tailights, it doesnt work on the OUTER because,US version has the brake and turn signal on the same circuit.
Audi used the Turn signal CHANNEL for the side markers, on the US version.
Helo!
Are You absolutely sure about that? because i heard from many places that it is possible to separate stop and turn in outer tailights because there is a programmable chip inside the lamps.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I converted my halogen to bi xenons a couple of years ago and everything worked great. I had some car issues last week, took it to the dealer and they pretty much reset everything, so my headlights stopped working. I need the re input the codes again but I never saved them from last time. By the way I have a 2012 A6 2.0T
Old 06-03-2018, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default A6 c7 11.2011 Tailights

Maybe thia is not the right topic but i have a6 c7 from november 2011. I have the LED tailights but they are not dynamic led. I want to put the facelift tailights with dynamic led. Ia this possible and what is the way to do that?
same question with the front lights. Myne are Xenon and i want to put the LED lights. Is this possible and if it is, how can i do this?

thanks in advance
Old 08-22-2018, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hello everyone, I bought the Audi A7 2012 US model and also the rear facelift lights EU version (plug and play https://www.xenonz.co.uk/store/p485/...s-LED-Facelift), If I understand it correctly, all I have to do is rewrite values according to the red column and the rear lights will be work as well as the European lights?
Old 09-03-2018, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New to this forum. Hey, How can I migrate to orange blinkers (EU spec I think) versus the American red? Is that all part of the coding above or can I swap out the bulbs once this coding is completed? Do I need new lenses?
Old 09-03-2018, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snowchaser
New to this forum. Hey, How can I migrate to orange blinkers (EU spec I think) versus the American red? Is that all part of the coding above or can I swap out the bulbs once this coding is completed? Do I need new lenses?
If you want orange blinkers, you need the EU light, coding only sets the type of flashes of lights, whether to turn only the blinker, or the blinker together with the brake, as in the US configuration.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got it. Suggestion on where to purchase them? Do you think the coding will be difficult for a mechanic that knows Audis and has a VAG? This forum post looks complicated. I did it on my 2015 Jetta Sport Wagon with new tail lenses and orange bulbs. The coding was pretty easy on that one.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Coding rear lights on A7 USA

Originally Posted by Mrniel
Hello everyone, I bought the Audi A7 2012 US model and also the rear facelift lights EU version (plug and play https://www.xenonz.co.uk/store/p485/...s-LED-Facelift), If I understand it correctly, all I have to do is rewrite values according to the red column and the rear lights will be work as well as the European lights?
Hi, I still can´t coding my rear lights. Here is the result: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zu...uRT1SRgZiZQKIB

What am I doing wrong? Please help :-)

Quick Reply: Audi A6 TAILIGHTS DECODED