Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Connect Deals

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect Deals

Just purchased a CPO 2013 Prestige 20k White with Tan n sport package

Love it

Where is best place to get Audi connect? The pc iphone poi and map send to seem awesome

Can i use my AT&T carrier since I have them? Do I have to go to a AT&T store or do it online ?
Old 03-25-2015, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Service for the 2012 & 2013 models is through T-Mobile. If you use AT&T you'll be stuck at 2G speeds.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

T-Mobile offers a $450 prepaid 30 month unlimited data program that works out to $15 per month. There are also pay-for-usage T-Mobile providers, i.e. Truphone, P-Tel and others. There are several threads on these - do a forum search for details.
As previously stated, MY2013 C7s can use an AT&T sim card but at much slower 2G speeds.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:14 AM
wuk
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you aren't going to use a ton of data and don't need the google maps overlay, I wouldn't bother with the $450 30 month Tmobile plan. unless you have it laying around. The google maps looked neat, but I find the normal maps to have more detail and therefore more useful. I use Truphone myself, and it only gets used occasionally for online destination lookups and to shoot addresses from computer to car. has cost be virtually nothing so far. Google maps is the big eater of data...
Old 03-25-2015, 10:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you have AT&T for your wireless service and it's strong in your area, it's the best deal at $10 a month to add to your shared data plan. And with their data rollover plans, it's even better now.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Go Red Pocket | Unlimited cell phone plans | Prepaid wireless phones

I have the $5/month plan for 512MB with auto monthly refill charged to my paypal. They are using T-mobile towers, so you get 3G speed. But they discontinued the $5 plan. You can still get the $10/month for 1GB plan. Still cheaper than T-mobile of $15 and faster than at&t 2G.
Old 03-25-2015, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDawg
If you have AT&T for your wireless service and it's strong in your area, it's the best deal at $10 a month to add to your shared data plan. And with their data rollover plans, it's even better now.
The OP's MY2013 does not have the freq bands to support 3G with AT&T, it only will work at the slow 2G speed. Audi added the capability with MY2014 forward.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wuk
if you aren't going to use a ton of data and don't need the google maps overlay, I wouldn't bother with the $450 30 month Tmobile plan. unless you have it laying around. The google maps looked neat, but I find the normal maps to have more detail and therefore more useful. I use Truphone myself, and it only gets used occasionally for online destination lookups and to shoot addresses from computer to car. has cost be virtually nothing so far. Google maps is the big eater of data...

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I thought the audiconnect page that allows you to send maps to the car is a t-mobile hosted page? if I'm completely off base, would you mind guiding me on how you set this up? I'm also running on truphone!

thanks!
Old 03-26-2015, 01:05 PM
wuk
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haven't figured it out yet thru google, but you can go to the myaudi page and do it from there. type in an address, save it, and when you go to your car, it is waiting for you.

Originally Posted by jcamber
Don't mean to hijack the thread but I thought the audiconnect page that allows you to send maps to the car is a t-mobile hosted page? if I'm completely off base, would you mind guiding me on how you set this up? I'm also running on truphone!

thanks!
Old 03-26-2015, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by wuk
haven't figured it out yet thru google, but you can go to the myaudi page and do it from there. type in an address, save it, and when you go to your car, it is waiting for you.
Have you tried https://www.google.com/maps/sendtocar

Quick Reply: Audi Connect Deals