Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Connect on AT&T (2015 A6)...it works!

Old 01-22-2015, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shorttough
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-.../#post24385305

For those who have a 2012 model, you can get prepaid 500MB/$5 dollars. if you travel the same route, you can download the maps by zooming in 30yards, and it'd be cached on your hard drive. its called Red Pocket, they use Tmobile towers, so you get T-mobile 3G service.
Thanks for the Red Pocket. Now I have 3G with $10 a month!
Old 01-24-2015, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Have installed Red Pocket and it seems to work pretty well in the Chicago market.
3GB 5 bars where I am.

And if I am doing the math right:

Red Pocket = $.01/MB; 512MB for $5/30 days.

TruPhone = $.09/MB; 150MB for $15/90 days

From my experience, if you must put in at least $15 every quarter otherwise you forfeit your prepaid TruPhone data purchase. You can carry it over into the next calendar quarter, but you will need to load up another $15 in any give quarter to do so.

For ATT 2G option (for older C7's) what does the final total come out to with $10 and the inevitable taxes, anyone got their first bill yet?

Last edited by JRomulus; 01-24-2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JRomulus
From my experience, if you must put in at least $15 every quarter otherwise you forfeit your prepaid TruPhone data purchase. You can carry it over into the next calendar quarter, but you will need to load up another $15 in any give quarter to do so.

Are you sure about that? I am going on 5 months now with my original minutes purchase at Truphone, and the full balance is still there. And I find nothing on their website that discusses 90 day forfeitures. If what you say is true, please give a reference.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

That is exactly the problem, Alphatero. They have nothing on their website. Last April 5th, (which was my 6th month, btw) I could not log on even though I still had unused funds, I enquired, and here is what they said:

--------------------------------------------
"Thank you for the e-mail. I am looking into things now and as per checking it shows that the last top up that you made was on Jan 1, 2014 and as of the moment due to some restrictions on our system once the account had no top up made for 90 days the account will be INACTIVE.

Our Network Engineers is currently working about it and on my end as a courtesy, I added a $5 goodwill credit on your account. Kindly try to check if you will be able to use the SIM card."
--------------------------------------------

So I would suggest you let it ride and let us know what happens in month 6 and beyond.
Because since the minimum top-up is $15, that means the effective minimum amount per month is $5 for 50MB, if it really does expire.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Owners: I called ATT to try and buy my SIM for my 2015 A6 TDI and got nowhere with her telling me "we dont support that feature."
Let me refresh the sequence for getting ATT service in my car:
1. get large size SIM from ATT and add to Family Plan as new line. I have ATT plan. What do I tell them which device this card is going into?
2. Pull T-Mobile card and insert ATT.
3. Guide me as how to install card and complete sequence please
thank you in advance-Joker
Old 02-03-2015, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JokerzWld
Owners: I called ATT to try and buy my SIM for my 2015 A6 TDI and got nowhere with her telling me "we dont support that feature."
Let me refresh the sequence for getting ATT service in my car:
1. get large size SIM from ATT and add to Family Plan as new line. I have ATT plan. What do I tell them which device this card is going into?
2. Pull T-Mobile card and insert ATT.
3. Guide me as how to install card and complete sequence please
thank you in advance-Joker
Joker,

One thing I learned the hard way was that IF AT&T activates the SIM card as an LTE device it will not work in at least my 2014 A6. What I finally did was ask for a new, large sized SIM card for a 3G tablet device added to my family plan, and once they activated that SIM it was simple, just as you've seen from other forum members. With the vehicle off, just remove the existing T-Mob SIM, insert the new AT&T SIM, start the car and in a few minutes it should work.

My AT&T store gave me the SIM card for free and they were able to activate it there as well.

Cheers,
Ten Beers
Old 02-03-2015, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ten Beers

My AT&T store gave me the SIM card for free and they were able to activate it there as well.

Cheers,
Ten Beers
Ten,

What is the final monthly total after tax for the device on your plan? $11 or $12 and change? Thanks.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by JRomulus
Ten,

What is the final monthly total after tax for the device on your plan? $11 or $12 and change? Thanks.

JR,

I haven't had a normal month yet, but the current bill is $15.06 for a month plus a week. In looking at the detail I'm guessing $12.25 per month all-in so you are all over it.

Ten Beers
Old 02-05-2015, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does using non original SIM cards for the MMI (meaning - not what came to use with AudiConnect originally) allow you to download and update nav maps? Or does it only update google maps satellite images but the actual 'maps' are a different source?

This is on a '14 A6.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Changing the SIM card will not allow you to get nav updates from other sources than the dealer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Connect on AT&T (2015 A6)...it works!