Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Prestige - Driver side door problem + Big bang from sound system

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 05:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Prestige - Driver side door problem + Big bang from sound system

Guys,
I have been enjoying my 2012 CPO a6 prestige for 3 months now and totally love the car. Here are the 2 issues i recently came across.
Did anyone had similar problems? Plz advise.

1) Driver side door wouldnt shut if i close the door with normal force.
I always have to shut the door so strongly or it wouldnt shut.
Living day to day this is quite annoying and audi dealership looked at the problem and says the door beadings are in place and not worn out or broken and unless something is wrong with the beading visibly they cannot do anything. I showed them the problem and they wouldnt simply agree.
Quite a turn-off.

2) This happened 2,3 weeks back when i was driving the car, i hear a loud bang kind of noise from the back of the car which sounds like an air column vibrating, maybe from the subwoofer? i turned down the radio volume and still i can hear the vibrations and its gone once i turn off the car and start it back.

Few updates- I got the paint protection Xpel done for pretty much everywhere including the full front end and rocker panels and lower side of the door,door sills,cups and trunk lip.
I also got the weather tech floor liner and cargo liner , looks pretty good.
Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2014, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Regarding the sound system..are you on the latest MMI software? There was a fix included for the Bose system, and it makes it much louder.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The mmi software version is "p0487" which am pretty sure is outdated since the year of manufacture is 2012.
With the current experience with "Audi Cary dealership" I wonder if they would update the mmi software.
Does the nav map gets updated with the mmi version upgrade? or thats a seperate install?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Maps won't get updated but if you report HD radio reception issues and BT A2DP connectivity issues they should find an available update to 715 in their computer. And if they don't want to do it then I would call AOA.

Not on my A6 but on the A4 and Q5 before they were able to adjust the door locks to make the door close with less force.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok , I was searching the threads and looks like others also had similar issues with the big bang sound. I would try to take the car next week for the mmi update.
But since this is a genuine issue i think they should take this in.

Good point on the AOA. Would proceed that way if they denies.

Yeah i thought they would adjust the door locks and fix the issue. but NOPE.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice car (grin)

My doors do not just 'fall' shut as they did on other cars. I don't have to 'slam' them, but, they'll hang loose until pulled.

Since that noise goes away if you restart the car, that's a mystery to me. Does it happen only if the sound system is running?
Old 09-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SamLV
Nice car (grin)

My doors do not just 'fall' shut as they did on other cars. I don't have to 'slam' them, but, they'll hang loose until pulled.

Since that noise goes away if you restart the car, that's a mystery to me. Does it happen only if the sound system is running?
Thanks
I have this problem only with driver side door and yes 90% of the time they dont shut in the 1st try and its quite annoying to open and slam it close.

The sound problem happened only once and yes it did go away after i pulled over, turned the engine off and turn back on.
I have the music system running all time , I dont even know how to shut it down I just go on mute if am not listening to music.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just tell them about the bang with the sound system. That is one of the triggers that will force them to update the MMI software.

I had the same version you have and noticed some issues with the track display info. I told one dealer about it and they wouldn't update the software. Took it to another, told them about the bang I was hearing(even though I never had one)......updated to 712-2 w/ no hassle.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Glacier6
Just tell them about the bang with the sound system. That is one of the triggers that will force them to update the MMI software.

I had the same version you have and noticed some issues with the track display info. I told one dealer about it and they wouldn't update the software. Took it to another, told them about the bang I was hearing(even though I never had one)......updated to 712-2 w/ no hassle.
Cool , thanks for the reply.
Did you notice any difference in sound quality? or any other advantages?
Old 09-19-2014, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I mainly had bluetooth issues and having the correct info display on the screen and I knew the software upgrade would take care of it.

I have B&O and didn't notice anything, but if you have Bose, you should notice a substantial difference in sound with software that old.

It did change some settings options for the maps as well, I believe.