Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Pure Protection Plan

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Geico Mechanical Breakdown Insurance docs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Geico MBI.pdf (158.2 KB, 511 views)
Old 10-16-2013, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Perhaps, but with the wide range of pricing being offered today, I'd bet it will still be competitive.
Not really a perhaps. What he stated is true. The cost will be greater in future years because it will be based on mileage on the car (plus there likely will be cost increases as well). This is standard practice in the auto warranty business
Old 10-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I read the document attached and it appears there is no exclusion for modifications to the car. So I wonder if it would cover a car that had the ECU tuned and a transmission failure? This could be an interesting solution to add piece of mind if you plan keeping the car long term with an ECU tune.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

(c) Loss due to misuse, alteration, or lack of proper maintenance is not covered.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Whether or not what the price would be in the future, I would rather invest that money vs. paying for an extended warranty now. Even if the price went up and the investment elsewhere didn't cover the difference, I'd prefer to make the decision later than now. Prob will pass down the road anyway as too many exclusions and deductibles, at least with the current plans. I've always been a self insure kind of guy when it comes to products including cars. Life, car, house, medical and home casualty insurance are the only exceptions but I've always passed on breakdown/repair insurance.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Whether or not what the price would be in the future, I would rather invest that money vs. paying for an extended warranty now. Even if the price went up and the investment elsewhere didn't cover the difference, I'd prefer to make the decision later than now. Prob will pass down the road anyway as too many exclusions and deductibles, at least with the current plans. I've always been a self insure kind of guy when it comes to products including cars. Life, car, house, medical and home casualty insurance are the only exceptions but I've always passed on breakdown/repair insurance.
I don't disagree with you there. I have only bought an extended warranty on 1 vehicle I owned. The rest I never did, And I doubt I will do so on the Audi. Interestingly, the one I bought it on, my Volvo S60R, buying the extended warranty paid off for me. That car had lots of advanced features for its time and the extended warranty paid to replace several items
Old 10-17-2013, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Just my 2 cents on this, but from 1st hand experience I would avoid Geico akin to syphilis. They are by FAR the worst insurer I've ever had to regret of dealing with and even with photographic evidence, with a 3rd party witness they refuse to offer comprehensive coverage for insured parts. Again, just my experience, although 15 minutes can save you money, unfortunately they don't give you money for when you actually need it!

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Geico Mechanical Breakdown Insurance docs attached.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Here you go. Read the last line:

"Under Platinum coverage the follwing components are excluded: Brake linings, brake drums and rotors, disc brake pads, standard transmission clutch components, air bags, solar powered devices, hinges, glass, lenses, sealed beams, trim, moldings, door handles, lock cylinders, tires, wheels, batteries, light bulbs, upholstery, paint, bright metal, freeze plugs, heater and radiator hoses, exhaust system, shock absorbers, audio, security or other systems not factory installed, work such as front-end alignment or wheel balancing, constant velocity joint boots, safety restraint systems, cellular phones, electronic transmitting devices (except for those specifically listed under Silver, Gold, or Gold Plus coverage), radar detectors, appliances, near object avoidance systems and all laser radar cruise control components, vinyl and convertible tops."

Add the the $2800 each LED modules to those and a good percentage of the tech is excluded.
The above is based on old info. The plan I received, and the plan on the AudiUSA website no longer excludes "near object avoidance systems and all laser radar cruise control components" I believe this changed in 2012. The fd-warranty web page has not updated the online contract, but the contract you receive from them is the new version.

See: http://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/a...chure-2013.pdf

"Platinum Exclusions
UNDER PLATINUM COVERAGE THE FOLLOWING PARTS ARE EXCLUDED :
Brake linings, brake drums and rotors, disc brake pads, standard
transmission clutch components and assemblies, air bags, solar
powered devices, hinges, glass, lenses, sealed beams, body parts
and/or panels, trim, moldings, door handles, lock cylinders, tires,wheels, all batteries except Hybrid/EV/High Voltage batteries as listed under Silver Coverage Plan, light bulbs, upholstery, paint, bright metal, freeze plugs, heater and radiator hoses, exhaust system, shock absorbers, audio/security or other systems not factory installed, work such as front-end alignment or wheel balancing, constant velocity joint boots, safety restraint systems, cellular phones, radar detectors, appliances, or vinyl and convertible tops."
Old 10-18-2013, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Thanks for clarifying. Still, those damn LED headlights remain excluded. We'll see later but I remain doubtful that I'll go for it.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cancelled my Audi Extended warranty on day 60 so I will get 100% (less $50) back. I think I will gamble as I think I will be out of the car by the time the factory warranty expires.

Quick Reply: Audi Pure Protection Plan