Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi roadside is the biggest joke ever

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi roadside is the biggest joke ever

My parents ran over a metal object last night and tire immediately burst. They pulled over called audi roadside who said help will be there in a hour. 45 min later get a call saying the first person canceled they are sending a new person, By this time (it was 2 hours later and i arrived at the scene) and this young kid comes up in a pickup truck with a questionable looking flatbed.

He ended up stripping the wheel lug nuts and broke the audi cover and said he has no idea what to do. I call Audi roadside again who said they cant do anything and they can tow the car to the dealer. I asked to tow to my house and they said no even though the rep said its okay the supervisor declined the courtesy. They wouldn't even tow to my own shop.

Cars been at danbury audi now who cant simply put the spare on. I have called the sa 3 times who keeps saying 30 min to me. I have never experienced a single good Audi dealer and I have been to so many. Town audi, bell audi, Danbury audi, jack daniels, etc you name it and they all suck in their own way. Granted my experience is probably not the norm and I can't blame Audi as a whole brand as being negative but the whole experience(s) has left a sour taste in my mouth. I will probably never purchase another audi again.

Also big thumbs up to new york state police who didn't even bother to take a report about the metal object saying 'it happens'. It was interesting to see him running radar and issuing tickets like crazy though during those three hours, i guess looking for a object and then filing a report about a road hazard would require real work and time, much easier to nab the evil criminals doing 75 in a 55.

Last edited by 335i; 09-14-2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

In 14 years of owning Audis I have only used Audi Roadside Assistance once which went well. I have however had several occasions to use my AAA roadside service and all were a good experience.

Also, my three different Audi dealers in two states have been an opposite experience to yours. All have been great including the last 11 years with my current SE MA dealer with whom I have a very good relationship. Maybe it's a CT thing. Four Audis so far and there definitely will be a fifth in another couple of years.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

I am far from an Audi “Kool Aid” drinker, but I must say the experience I had in June 2014 with Audi Roadside Assistance and with my insurer State Farm after a big-buck ($ - pun intended) deer collision surprised and pleased me. In terms of Audi dealers I have leased four Audi’s from Classic in Eastchester NY since 2006 and cannot say enough good things about their service. Since I moved 100+ miles to a new home last year, I am now working with another Audi dealer further upstate in New York on a 2016 A6. I am hoping they can equal Classic’s service.
I was alone at the time of the deer hit at 12:30 in the afternoon, not expecting a huge animal to run into me in broad daylight. Audi’s roadside people were great; they even called me back as promised when I told them to wait a half hour until I got done dealing with the NYS Police, who also were great. At that time I was told Audi used Cross Country Motor Club, Inc., Medford, MA, I am not sure if they still do.
I do not doubt the OP’s very negative experience with his car being damaged by the tow truck driver, but I am hoping it is an unfortunate case of random bad luck, not an indication that Audi is going sour. I deliberated for months on what to get to replace my current leased 2013 A6 and finally decided on another Audi after sitting in and driving a lot of cars.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally understand your feel. I've been to Bell and DCH, where I bought the car and their services are complete junk. My next stop is Freehold Audi (newly opened by Ray Catena), Princeton Audi, etc. I do not mind driving further to look for better service and respect of the car.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
I totally understand your feel. I've been to Bell and DCH, where I bought the car and their services are complete junk. My next stop is Freehold Audi (newly opened by Ray Catena), Princeton Audi, etc. I do not mind driving further to look for better service and respect of the car.
I bought mine at Bell but had the first 5000 mile service at Freehold Audi. Granted I didn't present any problems, but they still did a fine low-stress job while I waited. I will be back to them for any warranty work, but still have all other work done at Mayo Auto in Red Bank, a good indie shop.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
I bought my 2012 A6 from Princeton. Took it there a few times - 5K, 15K and 25K (even though very far away from my work/home) and was not happy each time. Issues ranged from leaving the car dirty and water spotted - after a hand wash? - to "cannot duplicate the issue at this time". Brushed loyalty aside and went elsewhere. When they did the first MMI update they messed up the whole system (F to B and L/R fade) but eventually got it right after 3 days for a simple software update.

I also visited Knopf in Allentown PA (closer to home) for squeaky brakes since about 10 K miles. "Operating normally" and did not resolve the squeaks at slow speed stops. Still living with this one. Opened a ticket with AOA with no resolution either. Although they did agree to update the MMI to a newer version with no issues when I was there.

After Princeton I tried Flemington -they did the fuel rail recall. All went OK there but they left some tools in the engine compartment that I returned so that left me suspect about inattention. Squeakly brakes were also not resolved.

Just had my 45K done at a new dealer close to work in Bridgewater. Nice new facility. Uneventful visit with the "cannot duplicate at this time, operating normally" responses. Minor issues were a rough 3-2 downshift after the trans TBS that was done during the fuel rail recall. Still have it. The other minor issue was that my rear deck lid vibrates/rattles under loud volume and heavy bass Bose settings with certain Sirius channels. Their response was to lower the volume and bass settings on my radio !. I bet Audi engineers designed the system to play a full volume under full bass, so their fix was not appropriate IMO. I fixed the rattle myself with a small piece of cardboard wedged in the deck lid. Brakes still squeak but at 45K may need replacement soon so I'm still living with it.

I wish I was lucky enough to find a good servicing dealer like others. Just my experiences for those in the central NJ/ eastern PA areas.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's really unfortunate. It seems like the only dealership worth giving a shot is Freehold.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Audi road side is not the fastest...but they get the job done.

BUT I will say that Audi's warranty and service is better compare to BMW (having own various models of both BMWs and Audis) at least in my area here in Socal
Old 02-05-2017, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 335i
My parents ran over a metal object last night and tire immediately burst. They pulled over called audi roadside who said help will be there in a hour. 45 min later get a call saying the first person canceled they are sending a new person, By this time (it was 2 hours later and i arrived at the scene) and this young kid comes up in a pickup truck with a questionable looking flatbed.

He ended up stripping the wheel lug nuts and broke the audi cover and said he has no idea what to do. I call Audi roadside again who said they cant do anything and they can tow the car to the dealer. I asked to tow to my house and they said no even though the rep said its okay the supervisor declined the courtesy. They wouldn't even tow to my own shop.

Cars been at danbury audi now who cant simply put the spare on. I have called the sa 3 times who keeps saying 30 min to me. I have never experienced a single good Audi dealer and I have been to so many. Town audi, bell audi, Danbury audi, jack daniels, etc you name it and they all suck in their own way. Granted my experience is probably not the norm and I can't blame Audi as a whole brand as being negative but the whole experience(s) has left a sour taste in my mouth. I will probably never purchase another audi again.

Also big thumbs up to new york state police who didn't even bother to take a report about the metal object saying 'it happens'. It was interesting to see him running radar and issuing tickets like crazy though during those three hours, i guess looking for a object and then filing a report about a road hazard would require real work and time, much easier to nab the evil criminals doing 75 in a 55.
Unlike you I have received excellent/competent service from Audi dealerships, especially Jackson Imports in Jackson, MS. and Audi South in Austin, TX.