Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Simple Styling (A6 saloon to RS6 facelift)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It rocks! the stance is just perfect.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi a bit off topic but is it easy to fit night vision or its not possible with out the option

Thanks
Old 05-08-2016, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mo-rs
Hi a bit off topic but is it easy to fit night vision or its not possible with out the option

Thanks
Way off topic. Please do not hijack this thread that we are all so eager to see the progress of this amazing build. Especially since I don't remember seeing night vision as even part of this build. Instead may I suggest the following to help you get started on the right search.... Good luck to you.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...hread-2898809/
Old 05-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You sir....no words .
Audi should give you 4 golden rings for the oem convertion!
*still prefure the looks of the avant more but never the less, big thumbs up.

Can't wait to see the engine/trans upgrade and what ever you have planned
Old 05-11-2016, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't tell from the pics, but I'm assuming you went with ZF auto instead of DCT, correct?

Also, in your engine photo, I see two very perfect spots for you to attach the new APR downpipes!
Old 05-11-2016, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Dayum this is the sickest conversion I've ever seen....
Well done!!!!
Old 05-15-2016, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

There is only one word needed to describe this car and all the work that has gone in to it and that word is "WOW"
Old 05-17-2016, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cmg_r
@ mo-rs - as soon as i have news i will update the topic with pictures.

@ HackDevil - thanks! Still not there, but hopefully i'll win this challenge.

We managed to have several functions working: daylight, signaling, dipped beam. Following up high beam and matrix functions ( ordered another module - the headlights control unit - same code with mine, just that i need it to be blank so i can write anything on it). Hopefully will arrive in a few days and we get back to the "drawing board" to finish this.
First of all, this is one hell of a project!! Thanks for documenting all of it and sharing it with all of us!

I do have some questiong about both of her head light retrofits. You've mentioned during both retrofits that you buy the onboard control unit because you need it blank.

I've done research, and it seems that you can buy a used onboard power control module as long as it works with LEDs since the original xenon module has some pins missing.

Are you sure you need a blank one? I mean, even the one Kufatech sells says it comes from other test vehicles, meaning they've been used.

I'm in the middle of doing that retrofit, so I want to make sure I consult with people who've already done it.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

@ all - thank you for the kind words!!!

@ mo-rs - sorry, i didn't get involved in such a retrofit so can't be of any assistance on the subject.

@ ebflowers - it is important to have a central electric unit that can be coded for the new headlights ( thus a new one) or one that comes coded already from a car equipped with the headlights you want to retrofit. Kufatec sells new central electric units as well as used ones ( i bought from them brand new one when i did the initial conversion to full led). Hope this helps!

Didn't post for a while, the project is going on, but i've been busy discovering the newly delivered A4
Attached Thumbnails Audi Simple Styling (A6 saloon to RS6 facelift)-image.jpeg  
Old 05-20-2016, 11:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

For the A6 project these goodies are expected to be delivered any time now...
Attached Thumbnails Audi Simple Styling (A6 saloon to RS6 facelift)-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Audi Simple Styling (A6 saloon to RS6 facelift)