Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Top View retrofit?

Old 05-21-2015, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Audi Top View retrofit DIY - DONE

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Hi everyone,
Weeks ago I found a thread I forgot to bookmark and can't seem to find anymore. I've been searching for weeks now and can't find it.

I'd like to add Audi Top View to my 2012 A6. I saw a post from someone saying they successfully installed this via the OEM+ vendor.

Can anyone point me in right direction, or any other successful retrofits on this?

Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

~Steve

Mod is now Complete! research started 5/21/2015, Mod completed 2/18/2016
Write-up has been started. Posts were relocated to make the write-up easier to follow. Write-up starts on page 10 of this thread, Post #98. Please bare with me as this all gets sorted out and finalized. It's alot of information to reconstruct.

This mod was not sourced from one store via a kit. I got all the parts separately from various sources including dealer and used parts form ebay and other online overseas vendors. All Original Equipment Audi parts. I'll be re-reviewing this thread over next few days to see what other information is missing that I'll need to add.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 02-27-2016 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 178 Likes on 158 Posts

Here is a link to the UK Kufatec site who sell the camera kit Surroundings camera - 4 Camera System - Audi A6 4G-39561_M
Old 05-22-2015, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For that much, I could hire a very-small-person to jump out and personally direct me into/out of a parking space. :-)
Old 05-22-2015, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James517
For that much, I could hire a very-small-person to jump out and personally direct me into/out of a parking space. :-)
Or launch a drone!
Old 05-22-2015, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ColoradoMark
Or launch a drone!

https://www.lily.camera/
Old 05-22-2015, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Sell your car.

Order new car with the cams.

Possibly cheaper, and a heck of a lot easier.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by James517
LOL James. Just say it, you know you want to. Midgets!

But your reasoning don't compute. 1,868 euros x 1 parking incidents a day over the course of 1 year alone? That Midget would be more costly than the Audi's yearly service cost.

Top View is cheaper. Especially if I scratch my rims which would now cost me replacement rim and tire mounting, and no "cool factor". I'm a gearhead, i want gadgets. Yes I could trade my car in for another, but that's too easy. Not my style. I love improving my cars myself.

In terms of cost, Let's be realistic, we aint driving no Toyota. Sigh!

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Sell your car.

Order new car with the cams.

Possibly cheaper, and a heck of a lot easier.
Fail, but to each their own.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 05-22-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

A6 Surround Camera Retrofit

So it's about $2900 for the parts, plus shipping from Germany.

Installation labor probably about 4-8 hours @ $100 per hour.

Plus about $1000 for the Audi Dealership to align the cameras once they are installed.

Buy a new car. It will be cheaper.

Last edited by subterFUSE; 05-23-2015 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just make sure your car isn't red before you do this. I found out on Friday that that is the reason why my side cameras have a blue tint... Whatever software or hardware update they come up with to fix my issue almost certainly be available to previous years or retrofitted cars.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
A6 Surround Camera Retrofit
So it's about $2900 for the parts, plus shipping from Germany.
Installation labor probably about 4-8 hours @ $100 per hour.
Plus about $1000 for the Audi Dealership to align the cameras once they are installed.
Buy a new car. It will be cheaper.
Thanks this is the kit I was thinking of buying but I can't find the post of the guy who installed it. Wanted to to my due diligence first before making the leap. No selling of my car here. I love upgrading my cars and love tinkering with them. Plus my cars are huge part of my life and I do not chose them carelessly. I'm not quick to discard that which can be adjusted. I don't give up easy and I love challenges. I'm always improving things, don't take that away from me man!

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Just make sure your car isn't red before you do this. I found out on Friday that that is the reason why my side cameras have a blue tint... Whatever software or hardware update they come up with to fix my issue almost certainly be available to previous years or retrofitted cars.
Not sure I understand. So you're saying a dealer update will mess with the aftermarket install?
If so no worries, Dealer will have minimal influence on my machine unless absolutley necessary. And anything dealer undoes I'll be prepared to redo. Besides, I have no warranty. It's mostly all me for repairs!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Top View retrofit?