Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi's in-car LTE from AT&T will cost at least $16 a month

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would be nice if you could use a Verizon or Sprint sim card.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the T-Mobile hotspot in my S5 to run my old iPhone 4S, which has no plan with any carrier. This allows me to use AMI to stream audio, play videos from the 4S as well as audio, check mail, messages, web sites, etc. Only cost was the $450 when I bought the S5. I also use my iPhone 5S (LTE T-Mobile) to stream bluetooth audio, make and receive calls. No tethering needed for the iPhone 5S, since my phone bandwidth is greater than the T-Mobile bandwidth in the S5. I can use the iPhone 5S to tether other devices. It would be nice if the S5 could be tethered to it. Let's see what CarPlay from Apple will do, and if Audi will use it. Audi may be going in the wrong direction with its data choices, and I may need to leave the Audi fold for a better car company.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 13c7a6
I tell my phone to use in car WiFi for streaming music and send to the car via Bluetooth. It works, but T-mobile's coverage isn't that great once you are outside the city limit.
Yeah, I forgot about the car's wifi hot spot able to be used by the phone for Bluetooth streaming. Seems a like a bit of work to source the car through the phone and back to the car again though, not to mention the car's somewhat miserable wifi performance.. Although, if you already paid for the unlimited T-Mobile AC data plan and have a limited phone plan, it might make sense financially. I have the original, grandfathered, unlimited AT&T data plan on my iPhone so never considered using the car's T-Mobile hot spot option.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Yeah, I forgot about the car's wifi hot spot able to be used by the phone for Bluetooth streaming. Seems a like a bit of work to source the car through the phone and back to the car again though, not to mention the car's somewhat miserable wifi performance.. Although, if you already paid for the unlimited T-Mobile AC data plan and have a limited phone plan, it might make sense financially. I have the original, grandfathered, unlimited AT&T data plan on my iPhone so never considered using the car's T-Mobile hot spot option.
Lots of back in forth but it works great. Just checked my MMI and Im at4 GB and last reset Feb 2nd. Again,haven't noticed any throttling.