Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

B&O (or Bose for that matter) Speaker Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default B&O (or Bose for that matter) Speaker Rattle

Anybody else experiencing quite a bit of vibration and rattling out of the speaker covers (mainly just passenger door cover)?

I had this addressed by my service dept and they re-installed the passenger door speaker cover and it was fine for a couple of days but now it is back with the same issue.

I hate to take it in to the dealer again for such a trivial issue, but it does bring down the enjoyment of my music experience (which I enjoy immensely) while driving.

Is there a quick DIY fix for this?
Old 08-18-2014, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a similar problem while using Bluetooth for phone calls. The center channel speaker rattles and is quite annoying!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Likewise
Old 08-18-2014, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

same issue with the center speaker on bluetooth calls, especially when ringing - horrible dash speaker rattle.

Always afraid of removing that speaker cover though to add some foam gasket material, for fear that any plastic tabs might break and fall into the dash cavity and drive me even more crazy.

As far as the other speakers, pretty tight for now, but the rear parcel shelf does rattle with heavy sub use (bose).

I would be pissed if my 6k B&O option speakers rattled! Make them buy dynamat and install if they have to, you def should not have to deal with that. I am sure they could get that approved under warranty if their regular fixes keep failing - you would be surprised what Audi will cover so long as you have a good service advisor.

UPDATE - went out to the garage and used a thin putty knife around the edges of the center dash speaker cover and came off almost too easily, very little effort required.

Last edited by MCRN; 08-18-2014 at 10:19 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 08-19-2014, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by josh Prieur
same issue with the center speaker on bluetooth calls, especially when ringing - horrible dash speaker rattle.

Always afraid of removing that speaker cover though to add some foam gasket material, for fear that any plastic tabs might break and fall into the dash cavity and drive me even more crazy.

As far as the other speakers, pretty tight for now, but the rear parcel shelf does rattle with heavy sub use (bose).

I would be pissed if my 6k B&O option speakers rattled! Make them buy dynamat and install if they have to, you def should not have to deal with that. I am sure they could get that approved under warranty if their regular fixes keep failing - you would be surprised what Audi will cover so long as you have a good service advisor.

UPDATE - went out to the garage and used a thin putty knife around the edges of the center dash speaker cover and came off almost too easily, very little effort required.
Interesting....did you do anything different when placing it back on to remove the rattle?

I do have a pretty good SA and would think he would be accommodating since they said they repaired it the first time, but apparently did not.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:29 AM
DVE
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

At the first time I used some felt belt. This was not enough. You have to do a lot of felt belt. Between the carrier and grid and under the carrier - now is silence.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Closed cell foam might work, too.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Would you recommend the spray?
Old 08-21-2014, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have rattling on my rear passenger door. I lightly punched it a few times and it went away.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Same problem here with the center speaker - annoys me to no end !

Quick Reply: B&O (or Bose for that matter) Speaker Rattle