Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bad Service Dept Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW - no car yet...and no updates from SA
Old 01-20-2016, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

You keep mentioning the SA - hw isn't the guy with the juice. Have you sat down for a talk with the service manager yet as suggested? If not, you have to take control of the situation - posting your (well deserved) frustration here or waiting for an SA to get it done isn't going to get your car back properly fixed. Get on the SM, the GM or call AoA. Almost three months without a properly functioning car is absurd.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

I haven't had time to drop by the dealership to chat with the SM as I had hoped. Getting more and more anxious, I did send him and email outlining everything. I'm thinking it's probably best that way to start since everything is laid out and helps with documentation. If no response from him by Monday, the next up the chain is the GM.

I appreciate everyone's help.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Emails cannot replace a face to face meeting. Too easily ignored.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which location?
Originally Posted by 1st Time Audi
So some that follow this thread may know that my car was in the shop to get the 5F modem replaced, which has since snowballed into a never ending world of problems.

Here's a rundown of what's happened:

11/6 - car drop for modem replacement so Audi connect can be activated

11/19 - go to pick up car and the SIM card can't be read - replace radio module - never leave the dealership

12/4 - go to pick up my car and get ACC and brake guard error before I can pull out - car stays at the dealership - needs to replace antenna, rewire, and paint new antenna

1/11 - go to finally pick up car, don't notice any issues when I leave (but I'm in a rush). 1/4 mile away, my satellite radio gives me an antenna fault and HD radio reception is now terrible. To add insult, I look at the interior ceiling of my car, and I can see the wires running to the antenna. I get home and the rear seat is not properly secured.

I have the car and plan on dropping it back off at the dealership today. I'm at a loss of what to do. Do I talk to the service manager? Who's fault is this? Do I contact AOA? Need some veteran advice. Over 9 weeks and my car is still not repaired.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

I didn't follow up on this post, but here are a few more things that happened

- headliner was replaced - resulted in incomplete headliner attachment all the way around. left a pillar not fully attached and read side vent not working
- windshield was replaced - broken when the headliner was being replaced
- windshield wipers were not configured properly - needed to return to the dealer
- slight hail damage - which I'm still finding little bumps

All in all, a true disaster of service experiences. Service Manager acknowledges the issue and helps when he can, but overall, a giant headache.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Service Manager acknowledges the issue and helps when he can, but overall, a giant headache.
Man, I've never heard of a service department this incompetent.

"helps where he can"?? At this point, the least you can expect, besides them restoring the car completely as it was, is for them to provide a solid compensation like free extended warranty, heavy discount on a new purchase, etc.

Regardless it still sucks to have to deal with this, I really hope you get this resolved soon. I had something similar on another car and it ended up being returned as a lemon but boy that took a good chunk of my life I can't take back.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I didn't follow up on this post, but here are a few more things that happened

- headliner was replaced - resulted in incomplete headliner attachment all the way around. left a pillar not fully attached and read side vent not working
- windshield was replaced - broken when the headliner was being replaced
- windshield wipers were not configured properly - needed to return to the dealer
- slight hail damage - which I'm still finding little bumps

All in all, a true disaster of service experiences. Service Manager acknowledges the issue and helps when he can, but overall, a giant headache.
Is this Plano Audi?

Either way, you gotta set some time aside and have that in-face meeting and also raise this issue with Audi of America.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

The face to face meeting has helped...but nonetheless and they have owned up to the issues, so other then me pointing out issue after issue, what else can they (dealer or AOA) do? I'm already on CPO and have the Platinum Fidelity coverage on top.

I bought the car CPO at a different dealer, and I think service and sales are completely separate if there was a replacement to be discussed. I'm overall happy with everything about my car, and is a hard build to find.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

You should review the lemon laws in your state. If you have multiple repairs that are repeated, if you have had extended periods without the use of your new car while its in for repairs, repeatedly, you likely have a clear case where the manufacturer will have to give you another car. From what you have shared it may be an open-and-shut case.

It's not as hard as you might think, I had to do this once (I will spare you the sickening details of how bad the problems with the car were, it was not an Audi) I found a lemon law lawyer, his fee came out of the lemon law settlement, and he effectively negotiated with the manufacturer to let me choose another car. The key is to get a lawyer for it. All I had to do was give him copies of the repair orders and answer his questions, he took it from there, and after a time I got a call from him where the deal was explained to me and it was done. Once certain facts are established that meet lemon law criteria clearly, it's pretty simple really. The manufacturer knows what they have to do, the lawyer knows how to work it out, and it gets done. That was my experience.

Things reach a point where you get tired of taking the car in over and over and having endless meetings with service managers and supervisors and customer service people. This is what lemon laws are for, if you are unlucky enough to get a new car that is a hot mess, you should not have to suffer. Keep all of your documentation, and Google lemon law info for your state and its not hard to find lawyers that specialize in it. I was amazed at how easy it was to do this and I did not have to spend one cent for the lawyer. I was very patient with the dealer and gave them every chance, but once it gets ridiculous it's time to just use the lemon law that is designed for this scenario.

Last edited by El Gato; 08-30-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Bad Service Dept Advice