Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Best Exhaust for C7

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone tried Remus? Or anything German?
Old 01-09-2014, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you dyno'd your car to see what kind of gains you obtained from the piggyback tune? I seem to recall numerous posts on multiple Audi forums that essentially conclude that piggyback tunes on Audis have shown little performance gains, but perhaps my memory is hazy.

Originally Posted by Mike_L
A piggyback is a unit that works along with the stock ECU. It changes what the ECU sees so that the ECU gives more performance, either with more boost, more spark, or some other way.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
Have you dyno'd your car to see what kind of gains you obtained from the piggyback tune? I seem to recall numerous posts on multiple Audi forums that essentially conclude that piggyback tunes on Audis have shown little performance gains, but perhaps my memory is hazy.
No. I haven't even installed it yet. Its sitting here. I'm waiting for directions as to which connector goes to which MAP. From the way it looks, its going to work almost exactly like the one I had on the X5M. Its going to tell the MAP sensors that theres no boost, so the bypass will close and feed in more boost. The manufacturer is advertising 380ps(375hp) on the 299ps(294hp) motor, so on the 310hp motor, 390 should be attainable. I think I'll be able to feel that without a dyno. If I ever get my inTune fixed, I'll run it on TTDyno with and without the module installed and get some "dyno" graphs.

And if there are no gains, it goes back. Chipwerke has a performance guarantee.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
Yes on the B8 S4 platform the piggyback option had no significant gains compared to ECU flash. Believe it was an MTM piggyback and Voltronhead did the testing but it was during the early stages of the platform. People speculated that they may have gotten better but general consensus on the 3.0t platform was piggyback was not a good option and people in the States didn't bother. They all stuck with the 3 OTS ECU flashes since they were proven.

I had the resonated dp AWE exhaust on the S4 and loved it to death. Really an awesome exhaust system. However I am worried about the drone on the C7 with the 8 speed compared to the 6 speed on the S4 so on the fence with the exhaust.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
No. I haven't even installed it yet. Its sitting here. I'm waiting for directions as to which connector goes to which MAP. From the way it looks, its going to work almost exactly like the one I had on the X5M. Its going to tell the MAP sensors that theres no boost, so the bypass will close and feed in more boost. The manufacturer is advertising 380ps(375hp) on the 299ps(294hp) motor, so on the 310hp motor, 390 should be attainable. I think I'll be able to feel that without a dyno. If I ever get my inTune fixed, I'll run it on TTDyno with and without the module installed and get some "dyno" graphs.

And if there are no gains, it goes back. Chipwerke has a performance guarantee.
Awesome. Very curious to see the results. Always ideal to get the same performance without tampering the ECU counter as opposed to piggyback.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dave329
Awesome. Very curious to see the results. Always ideal to get the same performance without tampering the ECU counter as opposed to piggyback.
Typed that wrong lol. Meant always ideal to get the same performance and results without tampering the ECU such as piggyback options for warranty purposes.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Checking if things have changed since the last post here?
Anybody who recently changed the exhaust?
Happened to test drive 2014 S5 manual and loved the exhaust note.
The dealer was suggesting me to change my a6 exhaust to catback and he said it wont void the warranty. True?
Old 11-08-2014, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sherrypeter_g
Checking if things have changed since the last post here?
Anybody who recently changed the exhaust?
Happened to test drive 2014 S5 manual and loved the exhaust note.
The dealer was suggesting me to change my a6 exhaust to catback and he said it wont void the warranty. True?
Well.. I believe the "note" you are hearing is the interior soundaktor (something like that) that is just a speaker that creates exhaust noises. On audizine there are a few topics on these.

The s6 catback will require the s line rear valance plus the catback. Several companies have suggested getting the the x pipe mod for a little more exhaust tone.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Guys,
I just bought a "Statis exhaust" from one of the members in this forum.
Excited about it ! Will come back and update my opinion.

Sherry

Last edited by sherrypeter_g; 11-26-2014 at 11:33 AM.