Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

BMW Wheel Cleaner review (Picture Heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Yeah, that about sums it up. I'll be around until the parts are gone and then I'm gone. Thats the way I always do things when I change cars.

And I'm far from the only one who thinks Audi's customer service sucks. Just this week alone there have been multiple posts about it.
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eEqUyNaSdvg?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>
Old 05-24-2014, 08:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qqq1970
Sounds like this is your last Audi.
Unless things change, it sure will be. I don't take **** from manufacturers or dealers. They need to fix things that occur because of their engineering failures, the intercooler grille and rear strut mounts come to mind, and drop the TD1 bull****.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Doesn't matter. The Audi staff is backed by a company that won't stand behind their products. It could be the best dealer in the world, but if Audi won't approve charges for repairs, the staff has their hands tied.
It's all perspective. I just traded out of my BMW 750 LI because I thought the company and the car just could not stand up to what it should. When their flagship car with only 65,000 miles has nylon rollers giving out thus causing the windows to fail to role up-and-down or door actuators give out on soft close doors... to me that's just a poorly engineered product. BMW refused to stand behind their product despite the fact that my inability to close a door was a safety hazard.

At the end of the day however we must all realize that the factory will continue to warranty the car up to a certain point after that goodwill can only extend so much. Landrover, in my opinion, has the worst ability to provide Goodwill or covered warranty services.

I must admit that my local BMW dealership by far has one of the best service facilities that I have been in. When it was time to replace my BMW 750 LI however BMWs brand just did not live up to my expectations anymore. The car should not fall apart at 65,000 miles
Old 05-26-2014, 08:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PBPhantom
It's all perspective. I just traded out of my BMW 750 LI because I thought the company and the car just could not stand up to what it should. When their flagship car with only 65,000 miles has nylon rollers giving out thus causing the windows to fail to role up-and-down or door actuators give out on soft close doors... to me that's just a poorly engineered product. BMW refused to stand behind their product despite the fact that my inability to close a door was a safety hazard.

At the end of the day however we must all realize that the factory will continue to warranty the car up to a certain point after that goodwill can only extend so much. Landrover, in my opinion, has the worst ability to provide Goodwill or covered warranty services.

I must admit that my local BMW dealership by far has one of the best service facilities that I have been in. When it was time to replace my BMW 750 LI however BMWs brand just did not live up to my expectations anymore. The car should not fall apart at 65,000 miles
Thats why I decided to get the BMW Platinum extended warranty for 3 more years and upto 100k. I expect stuff like that to fail. I think on cars full of electronics, its inevitable. As long as they'll fix it without drama, I'm okay with it. I'm also expecting the turbos to go before 100k, so I wanted to make sure I was covered for that $7500 job.

BMW just feels right to me. After 9 months with the A6, and a few drives of A8s, getting back into a BMW felt like going home; like I belong there. Whereas I was reluctant to really push the Audis and couldn't really get comfortable in them, I can get into any BMW, set the seat and mirrors and beat on it within a matter of seconds. I guess when you find the right cars, you really do gotta stick with them. I hear that from pickup and Camry drivers all the time.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thats why I decided to get the BMW Platinum extended warranty for 3 more years and upto 100k. I expect stuff like that to fail. I think on cars full of electronics, its inevitable. As long as they'll fix it without drama, I'm okay with it. I'm also expecting the turbos to go before 100k, so I wanted to make sure I was covered for that $7500 job.
So let me get this straight, you are upset about Audi apparently not fixing some repairs (repairs which I believe by your comment are not even on your car) - but you like BMW even though you know things will fail and you thus bought an extended warranty since BMW won't cover it???

BMW just feels right to me. After 9 months with the A6, and a few drives of A8s, getting back into a BMW felt like going home; like I belong there.
Would that be going home to the "yuppies on the BMW boards. Quite frankly, most BMW owners are stupid. If stuff is inexpensive, they'll avoid it like the plague. Its like they want to be overcharged."

ummmm, yea, i can see where it is like going home for you - given the BMW Platinum extended warranty purchase

Old 05-26-2014, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PBPhantom
The car should not fall apart at 65,000 miles
Bring Mich Werkstatt.

Lived in Germany for some time, learned that phrase quite well.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Maverick61
So let me get this straight, you are upset about Audi apparently not fixing some repairs (repairs which I believe by your comment are not even on your car) - but you like BMW even though you know things will fail and you thus bought an extended warranty since BMW won't cover it???
BMWs failures are not under the warranty period, hence the extended warranty. Audis failures are under warranty period and they still won't fix them. They just make up some lame excuse.

Anyway, how did a thread about BMW wheel cleaner end up as a thread bashing me and my choices?
Old 05-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

BMWs failures are not under the warranty period, hence the extended warranty. Audis failures are under warranty period and they still won't fix them. They just make up some lame excuse.

Anyway, how did a thread about BMW wheel cleaner end up as a thread bashing me and my choices?
Probably because many of us are amazed at how amazingly ignorant and contradictory your bold comments come across. I looked up your postings to see what you were "dumping" and was equally amazed at how rude your response was to your only question on price.

That said - I do agree this thread should be about cleaning wheels. I find that 20-30 seconds per wheel w/ a dry terry cloth will wipe off brake dust much faster than damp cloth. I've tried Maguire's wheel cleaner and that certainly cleans the wheel but not any better than simply wiping the wheel w/ a dry towel.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

What started the change in thread direction is when you snarkly replied to my post joking about taking my Audi to a BMW dealer to buy their wheel cleaner, "Yeah, wouldn't want to do that. Then you'd actually see how a luxury dealer is supposed to work". Then when I asked why you were still here, it proceeded from there.

This is an Audi forum after all and your posts continuing to complain about the brand, now that you dumped yours and bought a BMW, is akin to passing gas in church.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So enlighten me please - what failures did YOU personally have with your Audi under the warranty period that were not covered / fixed?

Quick Reply: BMW Wheel Cleaner review (Picture Heavy)