Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 278298

Default Bose stereo just OK

Just bought a 2012 A6. Love it! It's an unbelievable car. I traded in my '04 A6 and have no regrets.

The only thing I liked better about my old A6 is the Bose stereo. It had a lot more sound coming from the speakers in the doors. In the new one, it seems like all the sound is coming from the dash. I adjusted the surround level, but that didn't help. Any other adjustment suggestions?
Chief#16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
wuk
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 280055

check to see if you have the most up to date MMI version, or at least something in the 600's...I believe I have v609 in my 2013 A6. I remember reading somewhere that if you have a version in the 500's it "limits" the bose and that newer updates make it sound better. I'm happy with the Bose system, but not blown away by it.
wuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:08 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 193588

I tried out an A6 with the Bose and was not terribly impressed with it, coming from a 2013 BMW 3 series with the HK premium sound package.

I ended up getting the B&O sound, which was better but probably not $6000 better honestly.

Bose is kind of known for their boomy bass and fake surround sound effects, which I am actually a fan of for casual music listening. They didn't seem to do that with this car, for better or worse.
jdong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 223866

MMI version 715.2 or later fixes a lot of the Bose sound quality people usually complain about. I used to compare my Bose system pre 715.2 update to my 2005 Honda accord.

With the update it is on par or even better than the Infinti G37 Bose system.
freshlysqueezed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:30 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 280657

Good thing I'm not an audiophile, because the system sounds great to me. I would never spend $6k to upgrade a audio system.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:02 AM   #6
wuk
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 280055

can we just roll into a dealership and get the update or does there need to be a "serviceable" reason to get the update? i'd like to get the most out of Bose...
wuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuk View Post
can we just roll into a dealership and get the update or does there need to be a "serviceable" reason to get the update? i'd like to get the most out of Bose...
Based on my own experience of asking for the update (not to improve Bose quality since I have B&O), the service advisor just needs a reasonable justification to enter into the system. You can probably just tell him you think your Bose audio doesn't sound good and that you've been told there's an update to address that.
2010 S4, 6-spd, Meteor Gray, Prestige, Sport Diff, Strat shifter, H&R Rear Sway -- SOLD
2000 S4, 6-spd, Brilliant Black, Stg3 & other goodies -- SOLD

OEM Audi Wheel Page

RobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 256768

I called my dealer about this exact issue last week. Explained my bose sounds terrible and that my MMI version is in the 500s. Asked if I could bring it in for an MMI update. He told me that I would need a "legitimate" reason to bring in it to update the MMI. He said "poor sound" doesn't qualify. He then promptly quoted me several hundred dollars to do the update.

This was LAS VEGAS AUDI - Their service department has a terrible reputation around town so I wasn't surprised they pulled this tactic. My next purchase will be from the other Audi dealer across town.
A6ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #9
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by A6ninja View Post
My next purchase will be from the other Audi dealer across town.
Read thread(s) of MMI issues, note which ones apply to you {cough} and call that other Audi dealer to schedule a service appointment to fix them.
"Turbos make torque, and torque makes fun." -Corky Bell

Please help get PDF manuals from AoA by supporting http://www.audipdfpetition.org
Richard Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #10
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 256768

THAT is a great idea. Thanks!
A6ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement