Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Brakes: Cost Pads Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I just purchased front and rear sets of OEM pads, sensor cables and Zimmerman rotors online for just over $500. Install labor will cost about $500 for a total of $1000 all in.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
There is no Audi extended warranty (except CPO). Only various third party warranties sold by the dealers. As to brake pads, I've not seen any warranty, OEM or otherwise, cover any wear items like pads. Nor do any of the Audi Care maintenance plans.
BMW warranty, and extended maintenance will cover brakes. I had 2 sets of pads and a set of rotors replaced free on my 3 series.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryballz
BMW warranty, and extended maintenance will cover brakes. I had 2 sets of pads and a set of rotors replaced free on my 3 series.
Ok, but we're talking about Audi here.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by kdoggie
UGH.

I bought a CPO 2014 A6 with 9,000 miles on the odometer in April 2015. As of today, there are 20,300 miles on the odometer.

After getting some steering wheel vibration while braking, I took the car into an Audi dealership next to my house for a diagnosis. That dealership told me that the front rotors were warped and both the rotors and pads would need to be replaced. I found it extremely strange that a CPO vehicle that I have driven (mixed highway and city and NOT slamming on the brakes) less than 12,000 miles in 16 months would have this issue.

I call Audi of America for their stance, and they told me to get a second opinion. Today, I take it to another Audi dealership, and they are now telling me that the front AND rear rotors are warped...so ALL rotors and pads need to be replaced. Cost of this job is $2,100. WTF! I called AofA back and told them the situation. They will get back to me in 2-3 days regarding a decision or resolution.

This is absurd since the A6 brakes are going out before our 2012 Q5 that has over 50K miles on it (IIRC, we did the front Q5 brakes earlier this year).
Got the call from Audi of America. Rotors and brakes are a wear-and-tear item and AofA will not provide any help with this issue. Sweet.

Anyone have recommendations for an indy mechanic in Dallas, TX area?
Old 08-26-2016, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

I haven't read this post and maybe someone else has mentioned it:
I have replaced my brakes (for the second time) with Stoptech Slotted Rotors and Pad. After breaking them in, they are fantastic. They have already lasted more than my previous two OEM sets.

The only draw back is that the pad is a bit smalled that OEM and sometimes rattles on bumps, but this is very minor.

I paid about $1300 CDN
Old 08-29-2016, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Does anyone have experience with EBC Ultimax rotors?

I saw a brake kit consisting of EBC Red Stuff Pads and Ultimax Slotted Rotors for a pretty decent price - $490 for front and rear set.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the call from Audi of America. Rotors and brakes are a wear-and-tear item and AofA will not provide any help with this issue. Sweet.

Anyone have recommendations for an indy mechanic in Dallas, TX area?
Not sure where you are but here are a few I've read about...Dubsquared (Arlington), Eurosport (Plano), and Blair Automotive (Frisco) - no experience with any of them though.

I'm still under warranty so I go the dealer for everything.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 1st Time Audi
Not sure where you are but here are a few I've read about...Dubsquared (Arlington), Eurosport (Plano), and Blair Automotive (Frisco) - no experience with any of them though.

I'm still under warranty so I go the dealer for everything.
Thanks. I'm in North Dallas. I called EuroSport and was told $375 for install.

Total front and rear brake pads / rotors and install should come in at ~$900. Not bad IMO.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I'm in North Dallas. I called EuroSport and was told $375 for install.

Total front and rear brake pads / rotors and install should come in at ~$900. Not bad IMO.
Let me know who you go with. I haven't gone indy yet, but it's always good to have a reliable indy for reference.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 1st Time Audi
Let me know who you go with. I haven't gone indy yet, but it's always good to have a reliable indy for reference.
Im here in New Orleans. I use Scotty's Tire in Kenner. They are AMAZING, so reliable and honest the work is incredible, so anyone in the New Orleans metro area I HIGHLY recommend them.

I purchased the parts online....ended up being an Audi dealer who was selling under a generic name.

End result, the Audi parts were the same as the local dealer, I paid about $1100 in total for part and shipping. The shipping was about the difference that I would have paid for sales tax locally so it ended up a wash.

However, what was really great is that Scotty's Tire did the brakes for $350. That was $700 cheaper than Audi, and I can tell you that the service is as good or better and they dont try to pull any malarkey on other services you DONT need.

Rick

PS - 2013 Audi A6 Premium Plus 40k miles. I tried very hard to find performance parts RED STUFF etc, but the are so model dependent and in the end I just could not find Rear and Front matching components to fit my model and therefore gave up and went Audi parts.

Last edited by rick999; 09-07-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Brakes: Cost Pads Rotors