Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A/C blowing hot air

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C blowing hot air

Was working fine and then after being parked for 3 hours would just flow hot air. I have checked to make sure the A/C button is pressed on and the temperature is set correctly but no change.

I will take it to the dealer on Monday (time for the 5000 year service anyway) but just looking for a possible simple fix that someone may be aware of.

I have tried turning it off and then back on again but no change.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by oceanengineer

I will take it to the dealer on Monday (time for the 5000 year service anyway) but just looking for a possible simple fix that someone may be aware of.
5000 year service?!? Wow I knew these motors were good, but that's quite remarkable!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Seattlite_A6C7
5000 year service?!? Wow I knew these motors were good, but that's quite remarkable!
After re-reading my post I was waiting for someone to notice that (I guess a typo easy for me to mistake as we always use 100-10,000 year return periods for extreme environment design in my field of work).

No, actually very slow progress to my 5000 mile service - after 9 months. I'm probably one of the few guys who is upset that my commute went from 30 minutes to less tan 15 when we changed to a new office location (plus I ride my bike a couple of times a week)!

Still sucks when the A/C is not working in Houston - yesterday was like the heater was working rather than the A/C - was better turned off!

Plus, the earliest I can get a service appointment is Thursday so I have to see if they will give me loaner tomorrow (would they do that?).
Old 09-21-2014, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Plus, the earliest I can get a service appointment is Thursday so I have to see if they will give me loaner tomorrow (would they do that?).
Most will if you ask for and reserve one when you make the appt. Dealer's have an limited supply. Some use a car rental company for their loaners although Audi has frowned on that in recent years.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After re-reading my post I was waiting for someone to notice that (I guess a typo easy for me to mistake as we always use 100-10,000 year return periods for extreme environment design in my field of work).

No, actually very slow progress to my 5000 mile service - after 9 months. I'm probably one of the few guys who is upset that my commute went from 30 minutes to less tan 15 when we changed to a new office location (plus I ride my bike a couple of times a week)!

Still sucks when the A/C is not working in Houston - yesterday was like the heater was working rather than the A/C - was better turned off!

Definitely depends on the dealer. Mine is very good about it but I normally need a week or two lead time for them to accommodate me. Give them a call tomorrow. My dealer had Q5 loaners last year, this year they are all MB GLK 350's (they are also a MB dealer). Good luck!
Old 09-21-2014, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I think the OP is asking if his dealer is likely to give a loaner out BEFORE the service appt. This would be awesome service in my book, but I'd be VERY surprised to be accommodated on a such a request...

FWIW, in my book, heat in Houston in the summertime counts as an emergency!!!

I'd be very interested to know what codes the system is throwing - so here again add my standard pitch for every Audi owner to also own VCDS....
Old 09-22-2014, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just a quick update - took it to the dealer this morning and they have squeezed it in - as Richard pointed out they look at having no A/C in Houston as an emergency! and one that everyone hear can relate to!

Will let you know what they find.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

They called back and said they identified the problem - a pressure control switch in the A/C system failed and they will replace it. Should have the car back this afternoon. If there are more details on the invoice I will post them.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Had the same problem on my 2013 S6 with about 25000. The air just stopped working and turned out to be a bad high pressure switch. Service writer suspected that to be the problem which suggests its not uncommon. My dealer Molle Audi in KC was OUTSTANDING! they came 75 miles to Topeka where I live, picked up my car and left a 2015 A6, then came back before the end of the day with my car fixed! That's great service.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Had the same problem on my 2012 A6 at around 30K miles.

Quick Reply: A/C blowing hot air