Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

C7 "Hidden" Gems List

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Silent Drone
No. Mine doesnt work that way. Even with the screen retracted when i shut down the vehicle, it pops up to the screen where it left off when the car is restarted. But if the MMI is shut off (by holding down the volume ****) then he screen does not pop up when the vehicle is started, and of course the radio doesnt play either.
Won't the screen come up anyway when put in reverse if you have the back up camera?
Old 06-09-2014, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Won't the screen come up anyway when put in reverse if you have the back up camera?
Where I usually park I'm backed in, but, yes, even with the MMI off the screen parking screen will activate when the car is put into reverse, but then it retacts when you start driving. I really like having the screen stay down and only come up on my command.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silent Drone
Where I usually park I'm backed in, but, yes, even with the MMI off the screen parking screen will activate when the car is put into reverse, but then it retacts when you start driving. I really like having the screen stay down and only come up on my command.
Agreed with all that behavior, though I'd swear I got it also from retracting the screen via button. I can't check until my car gets to the States, and I'm willing to accept that my memory could well be faulty.

I found the screen extending and retracting (e.g. for seat adjustments) to be a bit annoying, so I personally tend to leave it extended. We were using a windshield-mounted GPS in Europe, so my wife wanted the screen retracted to ease her view/manipulation of the GPS - otherwise I would have left it defaulting to extended.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Automatic Trunk Closing

The trunk release in the driver's door can be used to close the trunk as well as open it. Just pull up on the trunk release and hold until the truck lid is at the height desired or until completely closed & locked.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DaveWendel
The trunk release in the driver's door can be used to close the trunk as well as open it. Just pull up on the trunk release and hold until the truck lid is at the height desired or until completely closed & locked.
That won't work on the A6. It doesn't have a motor to pull it down.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
In the U.S. at least, there is a button to allow for manually overriding each of the fans with the rotary. Not sure if this a U.S, Prestige trim w/4-way climate control only feature or it it's the same on the Premium Plus or the base model. Could be different for ROW.
Reason for this gem (which I'm using a lot this hot summer) to be hidden: Audi don't want us leaving kids and dogs in the car unattended. Credit goes to my super smart wife who was waiting in the car with the A/C running per the posts here. Then it shut off and wow did it get hot.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:14 PM
RTG
Audiworld Junior Member

What a great thread. Thanks for work you guys have done.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

learned a lot. thanks for the post!
Old 08-28-2014, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mcar11
You can also tap down on the shifter as if you're going into S mode (but it doesn't put you in S mode) to quickly get back to Auto mode (at least in mine it works that way).
If I'm in S and use paddles, one tap back puts me into S again.

I noticed MMI versioning here. I don't see street views. I wonder if I can update it.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure if this is a gem for you guys, but i just figured it out today after owning the car for 2 years.

Quick Reply: C7 "Hidden" Gems List