Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Can the digital HVAC control panel be retrofitted to a 2 zone climate control?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok thanks for the reply.
Did you do any additional coding to the module or did you just swap it without doing anything? I went in to the controller yesterday and you can set it to be climatronic high or low, so i think i can get it to working in a good way even if i swap it.

I really hate the analogue version so i gotta swap it
Old 02-08-2016, 01:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have read somewhere that in order to get full functionality of the 4 zone control panel then the heater box needs to be changed as well.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by rassi
Thanks! If it creates errors, I will not pursue it further. I also read about the panel having a specific anti-theft ID (a bit vague here), so any second hand ebay item would not work, I suppose?
The anti-theft ID you are referring to is "component protection" which essentially means that any electrical component in the car, once installed, is paired with the car. Should you move the part to another car or buy a part from another car then you have to go through the process of pairing that component with your car. Officially this has to be done by an Audi dealer but there are people out there who will do it for you.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No coding, since Audi did it to me, but I think if you try, maybe you'll get better results!
Old 12-06-2017, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Apologies for necro-ing this thread, but I am searching for the part number for the rear climate control panel. The plastic cover for the LCD screen is missing, and evidently it is only available as an assembly... Seems kind of crazy to pay for the entire assembly, but I can't even find the assembly part number. Wondering if anyone has it and could share it?
Old 02-21-2020, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Was this done to a 2016 A6. I was looking at the wiring connections behind the two different heads and the digital seems to have an extra wire connection.
Old 01-30-2021, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jwwickus
Was this done to a 2016 A6. I was looking at the wiring connections behind the two different heads and the digital seems to have an extra wire connection.
Exactly what I discovered today when i took the analog climatronic unit out . I only have 2 connections and on the new digital unit i have 3 connections . did you manage to solve this problem ? how to connect ?
Old 01-30-2021, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

additional wires are for the extra servo motors on the blower unit and temp senders for the rear ducts.
Ive done the full 4 zone retrofit and its a full dash out and complete blower/matrix unit replacement along with extra ducts under the carpet
Old 01-30-2021, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by morski
additional wires are for the extra servo motors on the blower unit and temp senders for the rear ducts.
Ive done the full 4 zone retrofit and its a full dash out and complete blower/matrix unit replacement along with extra ducts under the carpet
So please tell me , if i just want to take out the analog climatronic with 2 connections and I will connect the digital climatronic unit , it will still work ? I know that it will not work properly and i need as you say extra sensors and blower unit . But i just want to have the front digital unit installed and i know it will not work as it should and i will have errors in vcds but was wondering if it will turn on and partially work.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Once you remove component protection from the unit, yes it will work but only partially. Yo will not have full control over where the air is blowing. In these cold days you may want full power to the screen for demistings and you will not get it and windows will will steam up quickly.

Quick Reply: Can the digital HVAC control panel be retrofitted to a 2 zone climate control?